PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
I drive a lot for work, and after a while music gets old. I have found that when I am not listening to AM talk radio I like to listen to podcasts. Actually the Pipes Magazine podcast got me started on this. I was wondering, what does everyone listen to? Usually my rotation doesn't last me all week so I'd be curious to see what others like.
I searched this topic and didn't find anything, but if it has been discussed before I apologize. Also, if we arent supposed to promote othere podcasts feel free to let me know! thanks
I listen to:
Pipes Magazine Radio Show

The Alton Brown Cast (really interesting, a lot of good spirit related podcasts, not just food related)

Market Analyses (podcast about agriculture marketing)

The Nerdist (usually only listen when I know the guest on the show, but pretty good)

The Mustache and Blade Podcast (just started this one, not bad)

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
My short-list includes:

- This American Life

- This American Life - Serial

- Oom Paul Podcast

- Hardcore History
I also listen to audio-books, and iTunes University open courses on my commute.
I'd highly recommend the Yale Open University course on the Civil War. http://oyc.yale.edu/history/hist-119
Our own Shaintiques put me onto this version of the Lord of the Rings narrated by Robert Inglis, and it is definitely worth buying and plugging in to your smart phone for driving: http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A283155%2Cp_27%3ARob%20Inglis

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
I love listening to podcasts while I smoke. Some of my favorites:
The Thrilling Adventure Hour

Tell 'Em Steve Dave

What Say You

Doug Loves Movies

The Grantland NFL Podcast

Comedy Bang Bang

U Talkin' U2 to Me?

FEaB

Alison Rosen is Your New Best Friend

How Did This Get Made?

The Fantasy Focus Football (The 06010)

and

The Alton Browncast
I used to listen to the Nerdist regularly, but they produce so many episodes, I now only listen when they have someone I really like as a guest.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I listen to audiobooks, but I also have a number of podcasts that I subscribe to in between books...
Pipes Magazine Radio Show (of course)

Welcome to Night Vale (imagine "Prairie Home Companion" written by H.P. Lovecraft)

Penn's Sunday School (Penn Jillette rambles for about an hour)

Writing Excuses

Freakonomics Radio

Art of Manliness
My wife is also a fan of The Thrilling Adventure Hour and Still Untitled - the Adam Savage Project

Status
Not open for further replies.