PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What's your favorite pocket pipe, assuming you have to carry it on your person, like

in a jacket or breast pocket? There are lots of common answers to this; some like

cobs, some like nose warmers. I've had the happiest experience with compact, sturdy

bent billiards. The shape seems to have some inherent strength and not be prone to

snapping, as longer straight pipes might. The bowls are big enough, and the shank and

stem are long enough to mellow the smoke a little, and unlike a nose warmer, the bowl

isn't right under your air intake (nose). Everyone has a favorite take-along pipe; what's

yours?

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
MM Cob - tough to beat. The small models like the Mizzou / Pony are ideal travel pipes. Though I'd like to try a Big Ben some day (I've seen a few that look like perfect pocket pipes.)

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
I have one of those pipes that the stem swivels (180 degrees)from straight to back on top of the bowl. Very compact, fits easily in the front pocket of my jeans. It gives me about a 15 minute smoke.

antbauers

Jul 12, 2013
My Briar Cigar by Chris Morgan. Its smoke great and if for some reason you can't finish you just put the cap back on, it's perfect. My other one is the Savinelli Roley, vest pocket pipe, it's pretty neat also. And lastly my MM morgan cob. Depending where I go or what I'll be doing I grab one of these. But I have to say the Briar Cigar is best.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
For me it isn't so much a shape, but the pipe manufacturer. I find Sebastian Beo pipes to be perfect little pocket pipes. And they all smoke like a dream!!!

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
My Briar Cigar by Chris Morgan
Awesome. I have been thinking about a pipe like this for a while. Do you find that you spill tobacco out of the bowl much? Also, how hot does it smoke? The bowl walls look kind of thin. It seems like you could make a straight pipe like this even lighter by having a longer stem, more like a cigar holder. The shape makes me think of prehistoric 'pipes' or shaman's tubes used in the intermountain west.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I lit up a Big Ben Pipo yesterday and immediately started jonesing. But it smoked great and you could fit two of them in a shirt pocket.
My favorite small pipe - my favorite pipe period of late - has been a very sweet Sebastian Beo. I plan on getting other Beo's.
I got a challenger to the Beo a couple of days ago. A Joh's bent tulip, I've only smoked Orlik Golden Slices in it thus far. Man, I love the combination. Haven't tried the Orlik in any other pipe yet. (Why do I keep wanting to type Orlik Orange Slices?)

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
I would suggest some of the smaller Tsuge pipe (about $108 on smokingpipes)

Also i have a Peterson Outdoor and a Peterson Sport...both great pocket pipes

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Joh Bent Tulip - My New Trollop: Orlik Golden Slice, smoked in this pipe, elevated my estimation of pipe tobaccos to new highs.
Length: 5.09 in./129.29 mm. Weight: 1.80 oz./51.03 g.

Bowl Height: 2.27 in./57.66 mm. Chamber Depth: 1.97 in./50.04 mm.

Chamber Diameter: 0.73 in./18.54 mm. Outside Diameter: 1.59 in./40.39 mm.

Stem Material: Vulcanite Filter: None

Shape: Freehand Finish: Smooth

Material: Briar Country: Denmark

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I have seen a Dunhill "vest pipe" on the bay from time to time. I have never owned one but they look like they would be a very cool pocket pipe.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I'm a big fan of shorter pipes. Big Ben Barbados line, Savinelli Sport, A shorter no name meer are all part of my daily line up of users. I also have a Tsuge Blowfish on its way to me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.