PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just a quick post to caution against carrying pipes in jeans or trouser pockets. They tend to get

sat on (in back pockets) or bent (in side pockets). Also beware of dumping them from shirt breast

pockets. I think long slender straight stems are particularly vulnerable. Somewhat blocky

fully bent pipes seem to ride best. Inside pockets on denim jackets are ideal, inside pockets on

sports and suit jackets, or outdoor jackets or overcoats, are usually good. Get rid of ash after

a smoke; some cloth is surprisingly flammable. Sometimes it's nice to have a pipe along even

when you don't get a chance to smoke it, for luck.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I almost always have a pipe in my pocket and this is a major worry for me. I'm trying to figure out some type of leg strap or kit as carrying one in my suit jacket smells too obvious. I currently own no bents although I bet a half bent bulldog would do the trick. But surely one that's not too expensive to replace easily!

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I wish Nording would make those little snake pipes again they were perfect for hiking and keeping in your pants pocket . http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.607991460250848958&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Unless it's for walkabout with Levi, my Weimaraner, I only pocket pipes I can easily replace. I do have a leather pipe bra from Savinelli that prevents any possible hot ash, or burns, to my pockets and truth be known Chubby AEROBilliard's, my Wallenstein and other nosewarmers are the ultimate pocket pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.