Pipes Magazine » General Discussion

Tags:   

Pocket Knives

(73 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Does anyone carry pocket knives anymore?

I carry a Case knife that I have had for 30 years. It gets the job done when I need a knife.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I carry a Gerber Bear Grylls that I've become quite fond of.

Cut me... I bleed black.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. gmwolford

Greg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I carry a Benchmade Osbourne Design with spring assisted opening. It was a special treat my wife got me on vacation a year or so ago. I love it.

Greg
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. swhipple

swhipple

Login to Send PM

I'm carrying a CRKT drifter currently. I guess I've had KAD in the past and I own quite a few pocket knives. I love Benchmade knives Greg. They are so well made but they have gotten really pricey here lately.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. loseth

loseth

Login to Send PM

I used to all the time, but not for the past few years for whatever reason, and just a few days ago I was looking online for a nice little jacknife to keep in my pocket again. I'm thinking an Old Timer.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

A Gerber Chive is my regular carry, that clip keeps me from losing it. I've lost a number of nice Case knives, so I stopped breaking my heart. I do have a nice bone handled Case Canoe saved for the day I stop being so careless....

Al

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. mikephillips

mikephillips

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've got a little Frost Cutlery pocket knife I just love, but I forget to carry it most of the time. And when I remember to carry it, when I need it I forget I have it in my pocket.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. rosney

rosney

Login to Send PM

I carry one everyday, and it has been a Gerber spring assist for the last 8 years. It has been great, and if anyone ever needs anything cut they know who to ask.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. lifeon2

lifeon2

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Cold steel voyager everyday

You may call me "HerrDoctor"
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. revs

revs

Login to Send PM

as many knives as I have pipes. Usually at work I carry a Victorinox Swiss Army knife. Various models rotate through. Weekends I carry a small lockback. Boker Wharcom is one of my favorites. A small Kershaw rides in my work bag. Looking at a pocket sheath for carrying a small fixed blade.

Dudes of the world abide.
    "(Tobacco) is the passion of honest men and he who lives without tobacco is not worthy of living."
    "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  11. tanless1

tanless1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Kershaw

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. chispa

chispa

Login to Send PM

Kershaw skyline. Light and made in the USA.

<<insert witty signature here>>
    Posted 1 year ago #
  13. lordnoble

lordnoble

Mod

Login to Send PM

I carry a Gerber Mini Paraframe knife. I like it and it gets done what I need, but I feel like it doesn't retain its edge for very long. I have to pass it through the ceramic sharpener about once a month. I've been trying to find a knife which would be durable enough to do most work but sharp and thin enough to cut thin flakes from my plugs (mmmmmm. Ten Russians...). Any suggestions?

As a side note, I have a slight case of KAD and if I had more money, I'd have it really bad. I've loved knives since my dad got me a cub scout pocket knife when he and I went camping with the pack the first time. I like the Kershaw Clash and hope it fits my needs, but I haven't been able to try one out yet.

-Jason

The preceding statement is not to be construed as fact, but merely conjecture.

Proud member of the BlackBlood Society
    Posted 1 year ago #
  14. englishdave

englishdave

Login to Send PM

My daily carry pocket knife is a Doug Ritter Mini-RSK Mk1, manufactured by Benchmade.

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. flintlockjohn

flintlockjohn

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I never leave home without a knife in my pocket. Usually just a no-name brand, but I have a number of Case knives, new in the box, along with a Camillus, several Bucks and an assortment of sheath knives. Bit of a knife nut, don't you know?

I should add that my favorite pipe knife is an old Boy Scout Camp King. The awl works perfectly to scrape out the bowl of my pipe and can also be used to remove excess cake, and the main blade is surprisingly sharp..

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. simnettpratt

simnettpratt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Always a Cold Steel Voyager in the pocket, five or six more knives in the computer bag. Pocket knife is either 3" tanto, 4" tanto or 4" clip half serrated. Most useful tool known to man

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. puffy

puffy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've had a knife in my pocket since I was 12 years old.I'm 70 now.I've carried a Kershaw for the last 30 years.It's still almost like new.

Life's most valuable treasure is..Love
    Posted 1 year ago #
  18. redbeard

redbeard

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My knifes out way my pipes by almost triple... Started myself with my dad and then all of his were given to me. Some pretty interesting and rare knifes in that collection. Do not carry one however, no need for it for me unless I am camping.

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. captainprophesy

captainprophesy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Been carrying a Wenger "Mountaineer" everyday for the last 20 years... Keep it sharp and have used every tool at one time or another... I received a Leatherman "Wingman" tool for Christmas from my wife, I LOVE IT! Made in the USA and have used most of the tools on it already... But I'm just so used to my Mountaneer that I feel necked without it

I carry a gun... because a cop is too heavy!
    Posted 1 year ago #
  20. captainprophesy

captainprophesy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

BTW... IMHO a knife is the single most important tool a man should have and know how to use... With a good solid axe a close second.

Posted 1 year ago #
  21. sergemoat

sergemoat

Login to Send PM

I'm a big fan of Benchmade Axis lock knives. I've got a couple of the Osborne 940 series(my favorite model, shame they're discontinued) and a few others.

Posted 1 year ago #
  22. klause

klause

Login to Send PM

Opinel No 7 - every day for the last 25 years. Can't remember what it was before that. This knife is just getting broken in!!!

a knife is the single most important tool a man should have and know how to use... With a good solid axe a close second.
    - amen, to that.

leaving the house without my knife would be like walking down the road without my pants on - not a pleasant thought - for anyone......

Sad thing is, that here, it is illegal to carry a knife - even a pocket knife, so I am officially a Crim' everytime I step out my door. But, it would be ok to go about my business with out my pants - crazy world we live in, huh?

Posted 1 year ago #
  23. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Carried a basic switch in the '70's and early 80's, and then married my wife who can beat the shit out of anyone. It was one of the many things that got stolen from my shipping box moving back from Hawaii. Lost a lot of golden memorabilia.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry
    Posted 1 year ago #
  24. bigmike

bigmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Case everyday for me.....

"If you're going to be dumb, you had better be tough"
    "Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  25. mctrav

mctrav

Login to Send PM

If I don't have a knife on me in get kicked off the ship by the captain. His words are "sailors without a knife are like a whore without a c*nt, utterly f*doing useless. I carry a rigging knife fully serrated.

Posted 1 year ago #
  26. dochudson

dochudson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I carry a little silver Swiss Army Classic.

I Enjoy Aromatics
    I Enjoy Peterson Pipes
    Posted 1 year ago #
  27. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Emerson CQC6 that has cut me out of a lot of trouble in the past. Saved my life when I had to cut myself out of my parachute rigging after I had a bad landing in a tree. My wife will tell you, I obsessivly carry my knife. In fact so much so that I will do a pat down before I leave and go back in the house for it. @mctrav your skipper made my morning!

Posted 1 year ago #
  28. User has not uploaded an avatar

instymp

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Kershaw speedsafe & many more

Posted 1 year ago #
  29. mattmars

mattmars

Login to Send PM

Case jack knife for me. Before that it was an old timer 3 blade.

Posted 1 year ago #
  30. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I never leave the house without a knife, a Cajun without a knife is a naked man, when my Daughter got married I had my Benchmade clip knife in my Tux, she and my wife ripped my ass for it, told them if you want your Dad to give you away Bugger off. The old cajun

The Old Cajun
    Posted 1 year ago #
  31. morton

morton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Agreed Cajun, I never leave home without a knife in my pocket no matter what I'm wearing. My carry on work days is a CRKT M21-14SF - pretty big but I need it for cutting big brewery hoses and I have to keep it razor sharp to do it. My non work carry is a Kershaw Blur. Just love that little thing!

Be careful what you wish for, as you just might get it.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  32. bentmike

bentmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I keep a S&W liner lock in my backpack and a small 3 blade folder on my tobacco table. Don't really carry one on my person. At work in the graphic arts industry I'm always within reach of a X-Acto blade. Also at home in my workshop are various X-Acto and utility knives.

Posted 1 year ago #
  33. lordnoble

lordnoble

Mod

Login to Send PM

I had a figure drawing teacher who once said, "If you can't cut something with you X-Acto, you're cutting wrong." Obviously, he was fooling around a bit. I wouldn't try to take down a tree with and X-Acto, but sharpening pencils, opening envelopes, scraping super glue off my fingers, etc. are all done with a sharp X-Acto. One thing my students learn when working for me is that you have more control with an X-Acto when cutting a straight line with no straight-edge than you do with a pair of scissors.

istymp: Which SpeedSafe Kershaw do you have? Can it be opened accidentally too easily?

-Jason

Posted 1 year ago #
  34. joeahearn

joeahearn

Login to Send PM

I am always interested to see if I can find better way to keep my pocket knives sharp. What methods or materials do you guys use?

Posted 1 year ago #
  35. freakiefrog

freakiefrog

Login to Send PM

Benchmade; some kind of two blade folding thing..

I have some friends, some honest friends, and honest friends are few; My pipe of briar, my open fire, A book that's not too new.
    Robert W. Service
    Posted 1 year ago #
  36. gnatjulio

gnatjulio

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Whittlin' Jack and a Carvin' Jack.

Posted 1 year ago #
  37. User has not uploaded an avatar

rayje589

Login to Send PM

Buck Whittaker or a gerber LST. Those are the only two I have that I can legally have in my pocket here in CT. =[

Posted 1 year ago #
  38. tjameson

tjameson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I carry a Kershaw G10 hawk everyday and have for the last two years, never had any issues and it keeps a good edge. My wife got me an Opinel Carbon No. 8 for Christmas, it's a great knife for slicing flakes or plugs and its a very thin blade. Retails for around $12 so you really can't go wrong. My next daily carry will be the Kershaw Chill.

BLACKBLOODs for life...just please keep making Black House!
    Posted 1 year ago #
  39. rosney

rosney

Login to Send PM

[quote] My wife will tell you, I obsessivly carry my knife. In fact so much so that I will do a pat down before I leave and go back in the house for it.

I do the same thing. "knife, wallet, phone, keys, good to go."

Im curious. Who all carries a knife clipped to their pocket and who lets it fall down to the bottom? I cant stand things in my pocket so mine is clipped, but a lot of my friends carry theirs at the bottom of their pocket.

Posted 1 year ago #
  40. dervis

dervis

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Always have a knife on me, right now have a chepo stainless steel one for work. I use it 4-5 times daily dont know what I would do without it. Now out on the farm/boat/lake whatever I have one in the bottom of my pocket and something larger with a clip in back pocket next to wallet. Pocket knife is for eating apples or something that needs clean knife, one in back pocket is for anything else. Mainly cutting up bait for fishing.

"You have to be a man first before you're a gentleman. "

John Wayne
    Posted 1 year ago #
  41. joshwolftree

joshwolftree

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have a steady rotation of pocket knifes I carry clipped to the top of my pocket. I also have a P38 on the key chain for in a pinch and usually a multi-tool either on my belt or in my glove box.

The true measure of a mans worth is how he chooses to chance his mortality
    Junior Member of the Black Bloods
    Posted 1 year ago #
  42. captainsousie

captainsousie

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I work in a school so I can't carry but when I'm off or on a trip I carry a pocket knife.

On a side note, a Gerber Mini Paraframe knife in my backpack got me put on a watch list in Britain a few years ago and listed as a possible threat to the royal family. Just remember, no locking knives of any kind in GB if you want to stay out of trouble with the law.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  43. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

Which SpeedSafe Kershaw do you have? Can it be opened accidentally too easily?

-Jason

I mistakenly said "Gerber" earlier, but I have a Kershaw Chive. It does have a lock and mine has never opened accidentally. I have this model, I think it was $25 my local Kmart. I should have bought a dozen...
    http://www.cabelas.com/folding-knives-kershaw-chive-knife-2.shtml?WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=50015127&rid=40&channel=GoogleBaseUSA&mr:trackingCode=E9CE1BCD-958E-DF11-A0C8-002219318F67&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=19135906271&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=24741860546&gclid=CIucp-HRhLUCFQqk4Aod9QwAsQ
    Here is the slide lock side:

Posted 1 year ago #
  44. tjameson

tjameson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Mines always clipped the reason I picked the Hawk and the Chill is that they have very low profile scales so I don't even notice something on my pocket. They also open just as fast as the speed safe knives but they are not assisted. The Hawk has a thumb stud and the Chill has a stud and a tab on the spine for quick access.

Posted 1 year ago #
  45. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Never ever leave home without it. I have forgot my Amex a few times but not my knife. I carry a Sog XRAY, or Kershaw. I bought myself a Sog Trident for Christmas. I like the Tanto blades.

Posted 1 year ago #
  46. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

P.S. Happy to report that the girlfriend now carries the Sog XRAY and is learning how to "use" it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  47. ohin3

ohin3

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I carry a Spyderco Stretch II No finer knife out there in my opinion, but I have been known to be full of shit ha ha ha.

Posted 1 year ago #
  48. joshwolftree

joshwolftree

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am always interested to see if I can find better way to keep my pocket knives sharp. What methods or materials do you guys use?

I have a good set of professional flat(combination of whet style and diamond) stones that I use for all my flat blades (kitchen knives and shaving razors included) I don't carry serrated blade pocket knives for the reason their a pain to keep sharp. Whet Stones or flat diamond stones require a bit more effort and experience to use them properly(not destroy the blade) but are worth it as compared to the drag through v shaped quick sharpeners. The provide much more control over the edge (a more acute angle will provide you with a significantly sharper edge that is great for detail work but the edge on a more obtuse angle will be more durable and have to be resharpened less often) a good diamond or whet stone for pocket knife use can generally be picked up in a stores hunting/camping section or from a retailer that specializes in that. For a basic utility knife these provide enough sharpening grit to do the job. For kitchen knives you may want to add on a "pro set" of multiple stones and possibly a steel. My set go's from 440 to 2500 over 10 stones. As with sandpaper the higher the number the finer the grit and the more smooth and polished your edge will be. A steel is further refinement for the blade and helps remove burs and maintain the edge between sharpenings. For shaving utensils adding in a strop (the little leather belt thingy old timey barbers have attached to the chair for the straight razors) these function much the same as a steel just on an even finer level. Of course any of these tools can be used on any level of knife,but, stropping a utility pocket knife is rather overkill.

When teaching people to sharpen knives at the restaurant I generally recommended a 5-10 dollar cheap set of kitchen knives in order to get the angles into muscle memory, and a feel for sharpening, prior to the attempting to sharpen a good set of kitchen knives (especially as these can run well into the 300 dollar a knife range for certain makers and steel types), like wise a gas station pocket knife give you a feel for your angles without running the risk of destroying an expensive name brand pocket knife/multitool or worse a treasured family heirloom.

The other advantages to stone sharpening is that over time like smoking a pipe, the motion becomes so natural that it requires little to no real thought and is almost meditative. Try it out, one day you'll just realize your sitting on the back porch with an old trusted pocket knife in one hand a well used stone in the other and your trusty cob clenched in your teeth, and dangit wouldn't grandaddy be proud to see that

Posted 1 year ago #
  49. mirain

mirain

Login to Send PM

I feel nekid without my pocket knife. Three that I rotate are a Timberline, Mcusta Damascus and a Bokur. Before these three I carried a Leatherman Juice. Maybe I need to put that back into the rotation.

It's hard to soar like an eagle when you work with pigeons.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  50. ohin3

ohin3

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Spyderco "Sharp Maker"

Posted 1 year ago #
  51. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Always have a knife. Tough to run a farm without one. I've carried many over the years, but lately I find myself carrying a Leatherman. Seems like I'm always needing wire cutters, pliers, or a screwdriver and having to walk back and forth to the tool shed. Leatherman is a Godsend. Otherwise, I'm a big fan of carbon steel knives. They get sharp and stay sharp. Stainless steel is a PIA when you need a sharp knife- skinning, whittling, etc. I favor Mora knives: you can't beat the price.

Posted 1 year ago #
  52. rhogg

rhogg

Login to Send PM

Buck makes a lot of low cost, high quality, lifetime warrantied, pocket knives. Not to mention made in China is nowhere to be found on the knife, or packaging. Bench made, and Kershaw are also favorites of mine.

Posted 1 year ago #
  53. simnettpratt

simnettpratt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I actually remove the clip because it bugs my hand. My pocket knife is always alone in my right pocket; if I'm also carrying a fixed blade, that is of course on my belt, but I still have the folder in the pocket. I have one that is just for eating - a Cold Steel Lloyd Pendleton Mini Hunter. 3" drop point fixed in a kydex sheath. I take it to restaurants for steak.

@zo: I'm also partial to the tantos, thick spine almost all the way to the tip makes an especially strong blade.

For quick sharpening, I use an Accusharp. It won't put a pretty edge on the blade, but a sharp one, and they're really cheap. For regular sharpening, I have one of the four ceramic rods kind. Coarser rods at 25°, then finer at 20°.

I like ATS-34, AUS-8A, but my favorite is the harder and shinier VG-1.

Posted 1 year ago #
  54. dukdalf

dukdalf

Login to Send PM

Like many others, I never leave the house without at least one knife. My latest KAD-attack was a few years ago:

Maybe it's time for some new additions...

Posted 1 year ago #
  55. gmwolford

Greg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm very particular about the knife: has to have a clip to access easily, has to face, when clipped on, downward so when I remove if I don't have to turn it over to be oriented right, has to have a lock that is easy to access so I can open it quickly with no fumbling around and won't accidentally open when I don't want it to.

No matter how high it low end a blade is, if one strips regularly and properly stone work is rarely needed; only if you nick, chip the edge do you need to work it in the stone. I have a strop from woodcarvers.com I bought a few years ago and a couple I made myself. I only use Yellowstone compound for stropping, though some swear by other compounds (green, red, and white rouge are popular). Yellowstone also comes from woodcarvers.

If you don't have various stones and want to really sharpen a blade nicely, wet/dry sandpaper works great. You can start at 220 or 320 and work up 400/600/800/1000 then strop.

And Benchmade are really high dollar, to me at least. I'd never spent that much on a knife for myself but this was a nice gesture from my wife.

Posted 1 year ago #
  56. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Greg, Benchmade and Sog are the best, I have a seal team pup I have carried for years, never let me down, the worst thing you can do with a knife is cut paper, and as you know Greg if you don"t know how to use a stap you can roll your edge. The old cajun

Posted 1 year ago #
  57. hodirty

hodirty

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've always carried a pocket knife. I now carry a small gerber Paraframe. It gets the job done and then some. Kershaw's are very good as well. I use a gerber because I have a bad habit of losing my pocket knives, and a gerber wont break the bank if lost.

The world we have created is a product of our thinking; it cannot be changed without changing our thinking.
    ~Albert Einstein
    Posted 1 year ago #
  58. captainprophesy

captainprophesy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I favor Mora knives: you can't beat the price.
    great quality knives that take and hold an edge very well and cost next to nothing... they are like the corn cobs of the knife world... great workhorses that you wont cry over if you break or lose one... hell you could pick up several of these for the price of a higher end on and keep several in your bag, car, house, office or hell all of the above.

Posted 1 year ago #
  59. mctrav

mctrav

Login to Send PM

At work I also carry a leather man, but anywhere else it depends what I'm doing but always, always have one on me. If I'm hiking or camping I favor a Mora, have an orange handle which is excellent at finding at night or as amongst some leaves. If I'm canoeing I favor a sheepsfoot style or a divers knife for safety. Soon I want a opinel orange handle. Have too many to use em all but I have always collected knives.

Posted 1 year ago #
  60. joeahearn

joeahearn

Login to Send PM

Thanks simnettpratt for the Accusharp recommendation. I've ordered one. I have a set of waterstones, but don't often break them out and so my knives get a little dull for lack of a fast sharpening solution. Looks like the Accusharp will work for me. Although I am intrigued By Greg's recommendation just to use a strop and sharpening compound.

Posted 1 year ago #
  61. beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Login to Send PM

I carried and Old Timer Scout for the longest time until I lost it one morning in the woods. Since then I've been carrying a minimal Victorinox. I tend to carry a fixed blade Eskabar however while out camping/hiking/rock climbing.

Posted 1 year ago #
  62. ace57

ace57

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's a K-bar for me.

U.S.M.C. (SEMPER FI)
    Posted 1 year ago #
  63. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Three bladed Old Timer for me. It works great for opening boxes of copier paper.

Winton

Posted 1 year ago #
  64. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Frost spring assist

The most important things in life are good friends and a good bullpen...not necessarily in that order

You may all go to hell, I'll go to Texas-Davy Crockett
    Posted 1 year ago #
  65. portascat

portascat

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Solingen / Mercator K55K "Cat" knife, carbon steel blade.

I have a good dozen knives of all sizes if i need a particular type of blade, including some of the so-called high end tactical folders.

But, for general cutting, keenness of edge, and enough blade length to get the job done, nothing beats the Mercator.
    They are found for under $30 shipped, and I have a couple back ups.

"To seek freedom is the only driving force I know. Freedom to fly off into that infinity out there."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  66. User has not uploaded an avatar

mustanggt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My everyday carry for the last five years is a Kershaw Blackout assisted opening. I keep it sharp with a Lansky sharpening system. Since I was a kid I carried an Old Timer. I have a CRKT hunting knife which is just razor sharp. I also have carried a Leatherman at times. Another knife I carry hunting is a KA-Bar Marine Corps knife. That is a wicked fighting knife or whatever utility use you have for it. It's my last resort if I can't kill it with my rifle or my 45.

Posted 1 year ago #
  67. jbbaldwin

jbbaldwin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I work in a school so I can't carry

Early in my career I offered my pocketknife to a student who didn't have a pencil and suggested he cut his finger and write in blood. It was a joke, of course, but it got me into some trouble for threatening students.

I still carry a knife - Buck 301 and sometimes an ancient Barlow.

- Write if you get work.

- Hang by your thumbs.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  68. User has not uploaded an avatar

qhelms

Login to Send PM

I'm a knife collector with a pipe addiction! Everyday carry is a Kershaw OD-1. I have several vintage Old Timers from Grandad for dress, hunting, fishing etc. When we are doing helicopter work I usually carry 3. The OD-1, a Kershaw Leek on my radio harness and either a Kershaw multi tool or Dawson Polaris on my belt. Depends on what we are doing.

Posted 1 year ago #
  69. yadan

yadan

Login to Send PM

Standard Swiss Army knife; I don't think a day goes by on which I don't use it for something.

"I'm always easy to please since I'm always satisfied with the very best." - Oscar Wilde
    Posted 1 year ago #
  70. igloo

igloo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A Case Redbone non stainless stockman. The steel used in these knives is very high carbon and can keep a edge .

“There was an awful suspicion in my mind that I'd finally gone over the hump, and the worst thing about it was that I didn't feel tragic at all, but only weary, and sort of comfortably detached.”
    Posted 1 year ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   ithelouniverse, mso489, anthonyrosenthal74, edwinbaz, lestrout, eightywon, huntertrw, daimyo, i8ball, hierophant, nurseman, pitchfork, weezell, melvinsunsmokedcastello, papipeguy, leacha, derfargin, sparks, longbowman, dmcmtk, zunismoke, pruss, pipebow88, gigger48, crazypipe, yaddy306