PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyrebel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2010
I was recently going through Lonestar's post of the antique pipes, and the pocket pipes caught my eye. I was wondering if anyone has ever come accross a bulldog pocket pipe. I've looked up pocket pipes but i've only come across that one design im sure you all are familiar with, along with an OomPaul design, which i thought was pretty nice. I would like to find a bulldog/rhodesian pocket pipes. It just seems like that oval type shape is just right for a rhodesian. I even drew up a little sketch of what it might look like, to help myself visualize it better. What do you guys think? Thanks. :puffy:

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Can't see how a bulldog could be made to be a pocket pipe. I can do a short fat bulldog. That's about as close as I could come.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I cant see it working, in my head at least. They used oblong bowls so the the slim fit wouldnt bulge in a pocket. Your other alternative, like Arthur points out, is a short stubby nosewarmer.

johnnyrebel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2010
This is a sketch of what i thought of how it would look. Basically the same thing as the normal pocket pipe, but with add ontop. Maybe it wouldn't work and thats why its never been made, which makes sense. I dont know, just was wondering if they ever made anything like that. Anyways, I've attached an MS.Paint sketch to the post. Excuse its crudeness!

kcb9tc.jpg

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Ser Jacopo has a proprietary system to drill curved airways but I don't think even they could drill a 180º bore.

johnnyrebel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2010
It was just a general illustration of a pocket pipe with a bulldog top to it. I dont know how they drill pocket pipes as it is, though i dont know that you would be making any modifications to the drilling method, it would just be crafting the pipe into more of a bulldog shape. I wasn't planning on making one or anything like that, just wondered if anything like that had been made. It seemed like it would be nice in my head. Thought it sounded intresting.

Status
Not open for further replies.