PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I seem to be having an issue lately getting PMs from members. They come to me, but often I get them many hours after they were sent. Anyone having similar quirky issues?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There's usually lag time, but I thought that was because the PM writers didn't encounter the thread right away. If there's

some way to immediately know the time the PM was sent, I'm not up with that detail. Or most tech details.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I think the main server for this forum is in a different time zone and possibly in a foreign country. I know most times I get an email telling me that I have a message waiting for me. I have also at times had a message to read but did not get an email.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I have no idea what the issue is. There is an email notification, and I seem to get mine rather quickly, perhaps within 5 - 10 minutes at most.
FYI - the server is in the St. Louis area - in the middle of the USA.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
"I know most times I get an email telling me that I have a message waiting for me. I have also at times had a message to read but did not get an email."
I've had this happen alot.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

Dec 24, 2012
Ok, weird. This morning I had 4 PMs and at least two of them were clearly sent yesterday early evening and I just got them now. I had a similar issue with a brdavidson PM a couple of days ago - he sent it to me as the discussion on the forum was unfolding but I didn't get it until later in the evening. It could be that I am just missing the notifications or something. I will pay more heed going forward and see if I notice the issue again.

Status
Not open for further replies.