PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
7231389C-A609-41E2-8A02-9E3EBBD20AD2-47867-000058837672AB81_zps1b154a72.jpg
. Hello All been baching for a week, wife babysitting Grand kids in Mandenville, Daughter in Washington DC for Va, I" m rocking in old chair, smoking my Becker and listening to Cajun Music. I wish PMon could cook, these Microwave meals suck.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Winter is really starting to drag! All Traveller does is sleep. We both have cabin fever I think. I was working on something out in the shop the other day & she was there with me. One of my canoes hangs from the ceiling in there. She looked up and saw it so she went over and sat down directly underneath the canoe; then she would look up at the canoe, then look at me. Look up at the canoe again, then look at me. Over & over. I finally told her she was just going to have to wait for another 6-7 wks yet!
8iHgNkO.jpg

ohpHUw6.jpg

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
johnnyreb:
Poor Traveler's winter-weary spirit looks as deflated as her bed! I can't blame her for wishing for a canoe-ride, especially if the river is the one shown above, it's simply beautiful. Just 21-days more until Spring!

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Hunter,
She much prefers sleeping in my lap of an evening and only cracks open an eye when she hears the shutter click. She thinks she's a lil' pocket dog!
Traveller also says that if PMon suffers thru many more microwave dinners we will have to send him some roasted duck or roasted chicken that I use to subliment in her dry kibble several times a month.
OEVQmuJ.jpg

vwKySMf.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That PMon is all grown up! Handsome dog he is. I remember when he was just a tumbling pup, but now he's quite dignified.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
"Just imagine the puppies that those two could have!"
No no no no! Too late anyway. I do think about getting another one though. But my DIL's fancy buckskin mare is going to foal this summer and I'll be buying this yrs bottle calves soon so we'll all be busy for a while.
Thanks Brad! I can tell you love PMon very much!
Brudnic1,
Any more pics of Agatha you can post? She looks like a beauty!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Bradley,you should do what I do when I'm batchin'--get in the truck and drive to the diner!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've been 'batching' it since BEFORE my divorce took effect several years ago. My micorwave died about 6 months or more ago and I haven't troubled to replace it. It's too convenient to use processed food if you have one.

I made a pineapple upsidedown cake for Easter in my cast iron skillet. (ya, it was based on a Duncan Hines mix)

I make tea by the pan full on the stove and when it's cold, I just keep drinking it till it's time for another pan full.

I know I still don't eat enough fresh fruit and vegetables. Who does?

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Nice new broom, that's one of my requests for my birthday cake. I learned to cook when I was younger since, well lots of women don't even know how to cook any more and a guy needs to eat! I am spending some quality time with my dog this evening as well. Every Tuesday he and I get some time just he and I. Quality time indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.