PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
B304F30E-ABC4-41F8-A929-27C029F13258-49445-0000541146FD0E46_zps91f2a9ca.jpg
His buddy was hungry this morning , Coon is eating their food, so she came in this morning and he shared with her.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
What a good dog! Letting his buddy share his food.
I have an hysterical video of a small raccoon that would come into our house via the cat door, eat out of the cats' bowl right alongside the cats, and then try to drag the food bowl back outside through the cat door (it didn't fit). All this happened at night, while we were asleep - I noticed the cat food disappearing at an alarming rate, so I set up a motion-activated video camera to see what was going on. This same raccoon made a return appearance three times that night - and each time, the cats just sat alongside him and waited their turn.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
That's a good dog! I use to have a bloodhound that loved cats. Somewhere I have a picture of Bo and his "babies" all snuggled up in his neck rolls and ears.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
You'd never catch my dog sharing his food, lol! He's a little pig!

However, I used to have a pair of beagles a long time ago, strictly outside dogs. My wife had a BUNCH of cats that stayed outside as well. Those beagles were extremely protective of those cats! They wouldn't let anything near them!

After my little female beagle got ran over, my little male became even more attached to the cats. He had a dog house right in front of our driveway, and during the winter, when I'd leave for work at night, I'd turn on my headlights to see a bunch of cats piled in that dog house and one beagle head sticking up from the middle of the pile!

Sadly, that dog got hit by a car as well. I sure do miss those dogs, they were a fine pair of animals.
Oh I forgot to mention, we also had a little Silver Duckwing rooster that would roost on top of the doghouse as well! They also ate together, along with a pair of skunks we had hanging around! It sure was a funny sight, rooster, dogs, cats and skunks all eating together!

We also had a miniature horse named Peanut that the cats, dogs and rooster all loved to play with.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I had a possum that would come in for the Meow Mix. Beware, if you feed one possum, you feed them all. They have four little pink hands, and sit on their butts like a squirrel and eat with their front hands, one piece at a time. Crunch crunch, clean whiskers, crunch crunch. One took to sleeping in my bookcase during the day. Not sure he appreciated being next to my computer, with me blasting stormtroopers all day long, but he'd take snacks from my hand. No telling how many I ended up feeding, but at least they were really clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.