PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I know this is really early for this, but I would like to see how other PM2012 pipes are coloring. Also if any of the experienced members here can tell me if mine is coloring oddly or not.
This is before I light up....

2012-12-31120304.jpg

...and this is after and during a bowl.....

2012-12-29214208.jpg

I apologize for the photo size, photobucket is forcing another update on me...gotta find the advanced edit tab....thanks.

lifeon2

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2012
denver co
The spotting is a little different than I have seen before but all of mine have been different so its probably ok.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
What is your main tobacco? I wonder if the tobacco has something to do with the colouring?

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Been smoking aros, Town Topic, Autumn Evening. Recommended in article for coloring. I think it has something to do with the beeswax. Started coloring as soon as I started applying the wax.

Gonna put it down for a few months after I get 50 smokes in it. Maybe work on the Mermaid Meer...heh heh heh....
If you don't mind, could you post some pics of your PM2012s?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
gnat, That is totally weird; and, if I can say so without meaning any offense, not terribly attractive.

Just about every meer I've ever seen has colored from the shank connection forward -- and without white splotches.

I don't own a Storient meer, but here's my own no-name meer with about 1,000 smokes in it.

NoNameClawmeer1.jpg

NoNameClawmeer2.jpg

And here's an oldie known as a Caveman, rusticated, with a chamois sleeve pulled back for the photograph.

This pipe is coloring faster in the rusticated areas, but that doesn't explain why your PM2012 is coloring from the top down.

Caveman1.jpg

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I don't know because I smoke about everything in mine. Oils and tars from the tobacco are what stain the meerschaum, though, so whichever leaf tends to release the most of those when smoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.