PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section. I couldn't find a "technical department" :)
Lately I stopped getting PM notifications (through my email) in timely manner. Used to get them within a minute, now it's either couple of hours or next day. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced that phenomenon, or I need you change me email in my profile.
BTW - should we delete old PMs to lighten up the space?

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I do, I won't receive notification to my Gmail about a PM for several hours after it's actually in my inbox. Doesn't happen all the time, but when trying to exchange back and forth, it's better if I stay logged on until we're done PM'ing, because Gmail doesn't notify within a reasonable time frame.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Are we talking a PM issue or a Gmail issue, or the intersection of both?
In any event, I'd like to know how to delete old PMs.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Are we talking a PM issue or a Gmail issue, or the intersection of both?
Likely both? Not sure if it's an issue with the forum relating the new message notification to Gmail or any email system. Could be to just Gmail, could be all email systems with how they handle the sent data. Could be the forum is slow to send out the notification. Not sure how it works, probably rather technical that a computer/software engineer or an IT guy/gal might know, but I'm just a civil engineer that plays in the earth, so it's above my head a bit.
In any event, I'd like to know how to delete old PMs.
Go to your messages, to the right is a little box at the end of each message. Check all the ones you want to remove, then click delete at the bottom.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Go to your messages, to the right is a little box at the end of each message. Check all the ones you want to remove, then click delete at the bottom.
I should have specified, in bulk. Annoying to have to delete hundreds individually. But thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.