PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

spud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2013
Q.? Does Pipe's Magazine posters and lurkers cause prices on the bay to go up? Earlier this week we had an informative and lively discussion about Stanwell Vs. Savinelli. A.T.M. there are 14 Stanwell pipes up for auction in the next 24 hours. All of them are now out of my price range. Some of them are approaching $100 and one is over $100. This week there has been a big upward jump in prices. Did we cause that?

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
It's possible. This forum has mojo, when a good review of a pipe or blend shows up here chances are there'll be a rush on that item.

Aug 1, 2012
Every time someone mentions how good Estellas are, the prices go up for a week or so. So yeah, I'd say we make a difference.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Did you see what happened to family era Sasieni prices over the past two years? I can trace it back to a specific thread, albeit not one on this particular forum. So, yes, forums do matter, and do drive the market to a certain extent. I've heard the PM forums are required reading amongst particular wholesale pipe buyers who attend the Chicago pipe show.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
This is what happens when the owner is also a SEO guru. Kevin's made it so damn near ANYTHING tobacco pipe-related comes up with pipesmagazine.com first in search engines. He certainly is a genius.
-Jason

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Considering that PM Magazine.com is the preeminent pipe site on the web, it would be natural that we as a group can have an influence on market conditions with pipes and tobacco. When we talk, people listen.
Seriously though, I think we have an influence on tobacco but not pipes. There are to many brands and pipes on the market for us to have much affect. We might cause a run on certain artisan carvers, but no way can we affect the price of Stanwells or Savinelli's, too many out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.