PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
I enjoy both Trout Stream and Plumcake, but for different reasons. I got up early this morning, as I heard an odd sound here in southern New England, RAIN!! Went down stairs and decided to have a pipe, but couldn't decide between Plumcake and TS, so I thought "what the hell...", and made a 50/50 mix.
I am loving it! All the best features of each blend are coming through in the same smoke. The sweet, smokey, buttery, and fruity undertones are really blowing me away. I'm not one to usually mess with perfection, but I will mix this abomination again!
Has anyone ever tried this mix?

craig94yj

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2013
Waterford, Ct
Bullbriar,
I live in Waterford, Ct.! I also enjoyed a couple of bowls to the sound of rain. I have only been smoking a pipe about 3 weeks, but I am fortunate to have discovered Plumbcake after my first week. I absolutely love it. I do not have a tin of Trout Stream, but I like your ambition to experiment. You have inspired me to do the same. Happy smoking!

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Just when I think I'm done investing in tobaccos, another carrot appears, dangling in front of me, waving me over...

8O

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Same here, boudreaux. I wandered into a smoke shop today to pick up some pipe cleaners and CH, and then I saw Plumcake nestled among the tinned tobaccos. Then I saw the price. I nearly had a coronary. I don't think I'll be trying Plumcake in the near future...

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
Sparrowhawk,
In B&M's it is very expensive. The one near me has Plumcake for 18.99/tin. If you buy it online, it's considerably cheaper, though. I have several tins on backorder through P&C, and I believe they are 8.91 for the same tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.