PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Lurker
Jan 1, 2015
Just lit my 1st bowl of Plumbcake....I found it at my local shop yesterday, and couldn't wait to try it.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
Approach with caution. In fact use a whip and a chair. Plumcake can bite your head off if it's smoked too fast or is too moist.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Mac Baren's could be an all day smoke for me. Think I'll pack a bowl now! :puffy:

coach

Lurker
Jan 1, 2015
It's Mac Baren's...About half way through the bowl, and it's awesome. Only problem I've had is the a wet nasty tar taste from time to time. I put it in a clencher so it's been in my teeth since I lit it.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Takes some getting used to, and the lat in that blend is fairly strong. Once you get a taste for it though, it is love for life. :mrgreen:

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
My first Latakia ever was Balkan Sobranie, and I fell in love with it almost instantly.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Congrats, and welcome to the dark side! :mrgreen: I would also suggest C&D Black Frigate, and G.L. Pease's Sextant for similar blends.

coach

Lurker
Jan 1, 2015

I think I figured out how to load a pic.
1st smoke

jmmize

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2014
I have smoked sextant and found it very good! My very best smoke has been dunhill nightcap tonight listening to Willie Nelson!

Just a good ole Georgia boy 62 years young!

jmmize

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2014
Nightcap smoked in 2012 smooth Peterson Pipe of the Year!!

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
I like Mac Baren Plumbcake but I don't like it new I need it to age before I smoke it and i dry it out a little

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Takes some getting used to, and the lat in that blend is fairly strong. Once you get a taste for it though, it is love for life

I read that one theory of the origin of Latakia involved having to store tobacco over the winter and it having become transformed from the smoke of cooking and heating fires fueled with camel dung, but that now, a variety of woods are used to make different characteristics.

I wonder if you could combine making maple syrup and tobacco curing in this manner? Maple Cavendish, naturally flavored, no topping.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
From glpease.com
Q: Is Latakia really cured over smoldering camel dung?
A: The only smoldering dung is that used to fuel the myths about Latakia. I wouldn't really care if the myth were reality, since I really love the stuff, but, it's important to understand that a variety of herbs and hardwoods are used in the processing of Latakia, not camel dung. No matter how many times I say this, the myth will probably be promulgated until the Sun stops revolving about the Earth... (That's a joke, by the way, just in case it isn't obvious*.) For more information on the wonderful, smoky weed, read my article, "A Tale of Two Latakias."

Status
Not open for further replies.