PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hooboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
I tried a search and came up empty...

topic.... Plum pudding, I am a great fan of Plum pudding and enjoy it regularly!

I cannot find a review of this fine blend and In case I have missed it I will wait to give it a review...

BUT My avatar shows my reaction when I first smoked my first bowl! lol

Try it and tell me your impression!

hoo

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
It's been too long since I last smoked this one ... thanks for the reminder! :puffy:

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
I've actually never smoked it... Has always been on my "to smoke" list for a long time, But I swear I need to try it as I hear nothing but good things about it.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Far superior to penzance in my opinion. Creamy smoke, loads of flavor, I have a bit under 2 pounds of the pre-sutliff Plum Pudding. I'm going to treasure it.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I've got a couple tins in the cellar but haven't tried it yet. I've got a few too many open tins on the go right now. Once I finish off a few open tins I'll give it a whirl. :puffy:

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
Try it, you'll love it. Just dry it a bit, it's a bit moist fresh off the tin.
While you're at it, consider Mississippi River as well. They are both excellent. It's also fun to catch yourself declaring one as a favorite over the other - you may find yourself frequently changing your mind :)

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I pulled my jar out just the other day and had a bowl or two. It really is my favorite thus far of the Seattle Pipe Club blends. It's a mild smoke strength wise, but it's so flavorful I don't miss the nicotine. Good smoke indeed.
As for Mississippi River, I'm still trying to figure out if I want to buy more tins afterI finish what I have open now.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
It's been too long since I last smoked this one ... thanks for the reminder!
So ... I pulled the jar of Plum Pudding out and had a couple bowls of this again.
While I can appreciate this blend, it's not going to be a favorite simply due to the amount of Cavendish used.
However, that is purely a personal preference and I can see how this blend is quite popular.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Hoo:
It's a favorite of many Lat lovers and it's tasty as can be. I just find it too light in the nicotine department.
Fnord

jskiles

Lurker
May 21, 2015
I tried Plum Pudding for the first time last night. I didn't think anything was going to knock Mississippi River of the top of my list, but Plum Pudding is well on its way to doing just that. It is a rich, thick smoke with a ton of flavor. I found it to be smoother tasting than Mississippi River without as much in your face latakea. It had been sitting in my cellar for a while and this thread convinced me to crack the tin. THANK YOU!

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I've been thinking about trying it for a while. Did S&P used to have it available as bulk as well?

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Did S&P used to have it available as bulk as well?
It's no longer available in bulk due to quality control issues. The only issue really was customers getting too much of the loose tobacco that would break off of the cakes. I got a pound that was pretty much cake, and a pound that was a mixture, and can't tell the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.