PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Whatever the something extra is it would obviously be a closely guarded secret. I heard someone describe it as a cardamon type flavor, which I think it's along those lines (cardamon is in chai tea). I really have no idea what it is, I just know it's really good. I had a bowl of it and ordered a pound kind of good. It's got the really creamy smoke like penzanze does in my opinion but there's more flavor. It's perfectly balanced and hard to separate the flavors. It's definitely a few different things together. There could be some nutmeg too. I really can just say it's really tasty stuff.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
PP is one of my favorites. I have NO idea what the secret ingredients are, but I will say I had the best smoke of my life with this one.... Everything just clicked. Only happened once, couldn't duplicate it, but it was one of those "eyes roll back in the head" smokes----was a few years ago, smoked it in a cob. Good stuff!

Seadog- better get yourself more than an ounce!!

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
It looks and sounds damn delicious...1 ounce first and then go from there...sometimes even blends that are subtle in flavoring don't work for me...have my fingers crossed on this one though.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
The original blender for the Seattle Pipe Club tobaccos is a man named Joe Lankford. He is just a terrific human being.
He literally dreamed his recipe for Mississippi River.
You know how sometimes when you meet someone they just have that charisma for other people? I don't know if this is the right way to say it, but when you talk to Joe (who is like the NICEST guy EVER, btw) he just OOZES tobacco charisma.
He was describing the 3 new blends he developed for release this year and I just KNEW they were all going to be AWESOME. And they were.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Looking forward to the new blends. Plum Pudding is a great blend, and while I originally found Mississippi River lacking when I first tried it, I've been coming around in liking it more. That said, I still prefer Plum Pudding. I've yet to try Seattle Evening, but it seems that that blend is the "step-child" of the three from SPC.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
Not sure what the something extra in it is - to me it is a more bold baccy compared to MR - Both I have large amounts jarred away, enjoy!

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
I haven't a clue as to that extra is, only that I really like what ever it is. Great smoke!

checotah

Feb 7, 2012
I, too, fell in love with PP, as well as Mississippi River, and found Seattle Evening to be good after a couple of bowls. Haven't had any of those in rotation for a year or so; need to get through the open jars first.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
Checotah - I will have to try the seattle evening sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.