PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
Summer is coming, or so I m hopping for, and I am setting myself for trying some of what I will call "some of this crazy shaped tobaccos". I will like to know your recommendations and experiences. What should I go for first?
:puffy:

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
If it's available where you are, try Gawith Hoggarth Sweet Rum Twist. For me the cutting and teasing out the tobacco adds to the enjoyment. By the time you are ready to light up, your mouth is watering from the anticipation of the flavours.
Let is know what you go for and how you get on. :)

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
Gawith&Hogarth Brown Irish Twist will punch you in the mouth but it is tasty and well worth the effort.

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Both the SG and G&H Black Ropes are milder than their Brown ones. But don't take that as they are mild by any means. They are similar but I prefer the SG Black XX Rope. G&H makes flavored ropes which I haven't tried yet but that's more that I might be confused by coconut in my tobacco.

plet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2012
Denmark
Revor Plug is very good. Smokes cool, but keeps lit easily. A bit strong though.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Gawith & Hogarth Black Irish X is the only rope I've tried, and it's pretty good. I got it from pipesandcigars.com, but I'm sure you can get it elsewhere too.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have tried the SG XX Black Twist and their No 4 Brown Rope. Both were ok but did not make my rotation. For plugs I like the Wessex Gold Brick and I am testing the Peterson 3P's. I smoked the Peterson twice and the first bowl I really enjoyed, it was very similar to Mac Baren Old Dark Fired and the Burley stood out nicely. The second bowl did not go well because I was interrupted and I had to come back to it after an hour or so and it turned nasty in that amount of time. It was like re lighting a cigar after an hour, bitter and harsh. Most blends I have no problem re lighting after an hour but this one was not good. I think the Peterson shows some pretty good promise. I am still on the fence with JackKnife plug, more testing is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.