PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Last night I meet Tailboss we smoked a few bowls and shot the bull for a while. It was a great evening, even my wife enjoyed her self.
While we were talking Trailboss let me try some warrior plug I found it interesting he then gifted the rest of the plug. the taste if it sparked my interest in other plugs. He was also telling me about ropes this also sparked an interest.
With that being said is there anyone who can recommend some plugs I can find here in the U.S.. I am not an aromatic fan but I do like Va.,Va/Per, Burleys and Latakias.
BTW, out of a 50g pieceof rope about how many bowls can be smoked?
Thank you for your time
John

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm a fan of hardy tobacco, but I haven't waded in to rope. I hear the black rope is actually milder than the brown.

Rope is said to pack an ass-kick nicotine dose. Don't try to stand up quickly, and have yourself ready to retire for

the day if necessary, is the way it's described, although probably some folks call this their all-day smoke. Plug-wise,

I've just ordered a tin of Gaslight, and I very much enjoyed GL Pease Triple Play which is burley based. The "trouble"

of slicing and folding or rubbing plug makes more of a ritual and enhances the smoke, if you have time.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I'm a big fan of the Warrior, too. But for American plugs? Triple Play is one of my regulars. Jack Knife Plug is similar, but darker and with no Perique. In fact, it reminds me a bit of Warrior without all the scents and flavorings.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
I am thinking of trying plugs and ropes myself, I'm thinking of ordering 2oz of each. I was looking at the Gaslight for the plug and a brown sweet rum for the rope. Won't be till January that I order in some so I will let you know what I think. Have heard you need to let them dry after slicing and/or rubbing out.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
You might want to wait around for the release of the new 'War Horse Bar' which hopefully will blow your socks off in an exciting way! Remember if it's War Horse it kicks like a mule.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
WarHorseLogoRed-vi.jpg

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Trailboss is the man! :D
Charlie turned me on to the GH Brown Bogie and it's fantastic.
Now, I have some SG Brown No. 4 Kendal Twist and Black XX on the way to try.
As for plugs, GL Pease's JackKnife Plug and Triple Play Plug are really good.

alphaflux

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
United States
Also in the rope dept... The VERY strong Tambolaka.
In the VA plug dept...

Wessex - Gold Brick

Fribourg & Treyer - Cut Virginia Plug

Fribourg & Treyer - Cut Blended Plug

jjjarhead

Might Stick Around
Nov 14, 2014
I highly recommend Pererson's perfect plug. Also, you may want to experiment the way you cut the plug because it'll change the quality and the flavor of the smoke.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The PO must be getting generous, because I don't remember putting any Kendal Twist in your box. I don't even have any. I've tried having some sent to Simon via 4Noggins, but you know how that has worked out.
I do have a half-pound of Kendal Plug (sliced).

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I don't know how lucky it is to have that much Lakelands. Then again, we haven't had any mice in the house since it arrived.
If you like it, I'll bring some up with me next time.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
... but I didn't regift them to Cobguy
Yet! :mrgreen:
No ... I just liked the Brown Bogie enough to take a chance on the other two.
That's funny that you have the same thing on the way! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.