PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitespot

Lurker
Mar 19, 2013
I loved the show last night regarding flake tobaccos. My question is regarding the break up of plug tobacco. This goes to Brian, or anybody who may have suggestions. I got a couple of Stokkebye's Red Va Plug. These are a bit more difficult to break up than flakes I've tried. I thought about the coffee grinder, however I was concerned that given the density of the plug, it might pulverize it. I tried slicing pieces off, but it broke up in chunks, and they didn't smoke well for me. What would your suggestions be for breaking up plug?

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
If you cannot slice it thinly from the plug, try rubbing the chunks out. That should help. It's what I do when my Peterson 3 P's gets to small to slice. Another method might be to cut the chunks into smaller pieces and try smoking it that way.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
What I do with LBF is pull it apart with my fingers, almost unravel it and then line the strands together and cut or rip them in half so they are a good sir but not too long, about to the halfway point of the bowl. Then place my cavendish center broke in half down and then put the smaller peices as kindling to light... Hope that helps!

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
I've never smoked plug. Thinking of getting some but don't want to waste the cash if I don't like it. (kind of what happened with my Altadis 1M. I don't like it but I'll smoke it and won't enjoy it when I do)

Status
Not open for further replies.