PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2015
Shearstown, NL
Looking forward to my combination work / shopping trip to Vegas next month. Amongst my short list for tobaccos are 3 plugs; Jacknife, Triple Play and Peterson's Perfect Plug. Dan Tobacco's Salty Dogs could fit the bill, IF it's available.
Are there plugs available I should try?
Basically, looking for blends medium or stronger in strength, based on Virginias and Burleys, maybe with a bit of Perique (hence Triple Play), no Aros. Many C&D Kakes are listed in some places as plugs, but I'm not looking for Kakes.
So what say ye that love the Plug?
Thank you in advance.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
+1 Triple Play. I really like it. I hear Jack Knife is also terrific, but I haven't tried it yet.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
3P's, Triple Play and Jack Knife are probably the easiest to stumble upon in the States. I have tried all three and prefer the 3P's personally. Thought I had a plug in my cellar, but alas I could find nothing. I may have to rectify that soon. It's been awhile.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
Jack Knife just reminds me of HH Bold Kentucky...however my experience with Kentucky Dark Fired is low. Was looking for another to chime in here with something I have yet to try, will eventually have to. Maybe look at Cornell & Diehl Black Frigate?
Just curious, why in particular a plug for this trip?

newfie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2015
Shearstown, NL
Thank you folks for confirming my short list and a couple of suggestions.
I already have some Brown #4 and Black XX in the cellar, so not this trip, maybe on another one.
Just curious, why in particular a plug for this trip?
Because I am normally self-restricted to small orders to fly under the radar coming into Canada by the post. I spend more money on replenishing my cellar for what I smoke than trying new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.