PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
It has been suggested I might find Tambolaka an excellent substitute for my needs until I hit GB. Any thoughts on this tobacco gentlemen? What in gods name is it? Will enjoy it and what does it look like when its at home?

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I have never had it they say it is aged five years to dry and contains cigar leaf and burley .Someone here is bound to have had it .Good luck .

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
Never had it. The thing about Condor is it is strong, but it is very smooth and refined. Tambalouka seems like it would be very rough. I bought an American old time twist at a B&M in San Diego yesterday. Some good old fire cured meant for chewing or smoking. I have never gotten "niccups" until I smoked that yesterday. It was so strong it made happy Bogie seem like Carter Hall. I think you'd like it. And at 6.95 for a big twist it was a good deal. I got it at Racine & Laramie. You might be able to order online. They also had, by far, the largest selection of pipes and tobacco I've ever seen, including any online retailers.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Thank you Sam. That's very kind of you.
I have just searched google to find out what Tambolaka is all about. I think I will be giving that one a miss. I received the following email from my friend Andre in Astoria and I reproduce it here for everyones amusement:
" Tambolaka! Why don't you buy several black twist ropes. Then soak them in yak urine and slowly dry on your steam radiator and air cure it on your roof. When complete call the whole fetid mess a rarity and wonder why I never call by your home for bridge gatherings!".
Says it all really doesn't it!

Status
Not open for further replies.