PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Well I am doing fairly well on the TAD, 84lbs in 5 months and few real sales so far until Pipe Day in February so I have really slowed on the buys. So I have been looking at commissioning a 36 slot pipe cabinet to match my antique furniture and feel I will have a problem in the future, that is PAD. So far I have avoided looking at pipes, especially new Artisan ones since Estates are out of the picture(pysch thing for me). When I have seen one I like I immediately hit the back button and try to forget the site I was on and it has worked so far, until today. I saw a pipe that really sung to me, actually two and against my better judgement, I remember the site.
So I need you help, please list all the reasons I should not buy them and you can feel good that you saved me. I don't want to think about 24 Artisan pipes in 5 months.
Thanks for the help in advance.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
1. your taste in pipes may change

2. your wife/girlfriend/special friend might be pissed

3. hookers are not cheap,save for the good ones

4. damn none of these are that good....buy the pipe.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I can save you from yourself. Quickly purchase said pipes and have them shipped to me immediately. That way I can assure they will not end up in your collection. No need to thank me, a man has to do what a man has to do.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Refer to my threads and you'll do fine. As I've said previously, this is a completely harmless hobby which has zero effects on finances. Enjoy!

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Be thankful your in a position to make those purchases...and just do it. Life's too short.

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
1. With a falling Euro, your Dollars will be worth more 6 months from now.

2. Save the money you would have spent and spend it on next Christmas' PM Secret Santa. Make sure you choose me.

3. Pipe values will drop when hipsters move away from pipes and start spending their parent's money on candy.

4. North Korea views pipe smoking as an insult to their Leader and will hack your private emails.

5. Because 84 lbs of tobbacco is better on the shelf than smoked...wait, who am I kidding? Buy buy buy :puffpipe:

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Stay strong.
But remember, there is no shame in giving in to the PAD. All those shiny new pipes to play with.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
See everyone, I knew you would help. My reverse pyschology worked and I would get lots of reasons to pull the trigger. Gotta love this group.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Since you are interested in current production pipes, delaying purchase is actually fairly straightforward. There really will be more pipes like the ones currently singing their siren call to you. I have my eye on several pipe makers' current wares, but I know delaying gratification will allow me to afford their better specimens.
Sorry to go against the enabling current...

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
The thing to keep telling yourself that you don't want to wear out your current pipes smoking all that tobacco. I have a Ratio 2:12 two pounds of leaf : 12 Pipes so lets see, 84# of leaf = 504 pipes. :D happy hunting..

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
To quote, in a VERY different context, Aleister Crowley "Do what thou wilt"
Also at an 84lb stash of tobacco, you need a proper sized rotation to burn it all.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Give the wife total control of your finances and you'll have to rely on begging her for permission every time you want to buy a pipe.
No money, no PAD!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
As someone who started less than 2 years ago with pipes, I thought I'd get just 3, maybe 4. I now have 25 with more coming next month. There is no hope, no cure. You are doomed.

owen

May 28, 2014
Youve come to the right place, no out of control pipe buyers here, ive been a forum member for a year and have only bought forty or so pipes.

hierophant

Lifer
Jul 27, 2014
Comes to pipe forum. Asks for help to not buy pipes. :rofl:
I was bored at lunch, hopped on SPC to kill some time and, well, I'm not the guy to help you NOT buy something...

buzkirk

Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
Tim you really don't need to buy those pipes, save your money !
But, I have a beautiful Ardor Giove 1/8 bent that would make you very happy.
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.