PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
From a quick search they are being used to smoke medical grade butane hash that is called dab. From what I can tell the hash is super heated and the smoke is filtered several times through water. Seems like a lot of work frankly, even if that is your thing.
A youtube video called " Do You Dab (DYD) Titanium Nail Review " shows the nail in use but I wont link directly because of the subject matter.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
"Explosion and fire incidents related to manufacturing attempts in homes have been reported. Associated Press reports that such incidents in United States have primarily been in west coast states that permit medical marijuana".- Wikipedia entry for making the stuff.
It also cautions that only high grade solvents should be used to avoid negative health effects. I think the people doing this are not too concerned with their health. Could be wrong though....

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dqcountry/m.html?item=261275705016&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
That seller "Green Buddah" sells some mighty odd items, most of which I suspect are drug paraphernalia.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have never understood the attraction of MJ. Taking a few leaves and rolling them up in a Rizla paper, that I can sort of get my head around. Full scale industrial chemistry with all its attendant risks strikes me as insane just to perfect the a new high. That being said I suppose my eternal quest for the ultimate Condor moment could be viewed in a similar fashion.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
Dabbing is a relatively new phenomenon amongst cannabis users. The idea is to receive as much THC as possible while minimizing the negative effects of smoke inhalation. THC from a dab is 90% plus, compared to roughly 20% for burning the flowers themselves. While the vast majority of "dabbers" are using cannabis for recreational purposes, you'd be surprised by the number of folks who use them to battle a variety of very real health issues- from insomnia and migraines, to epilepsy and even some types of cancer.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
They are used in industrial ceramic & glass applications. I've seen them used in ceramic lined industrial furnaces. They are used because they are removable, adjustable & parts replaceable in high heat applications.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
PM me and I'll send you an article or two about how dangerous the clandestine labs are.
So what you're saying is we should legalize it to ensure the labs are operating with standardized safety protocols?

Status
Not open for further replies.