PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
For me, my favorite thing that I've only just tried is McClelland's Bombay Court.
You might say that it touches me in all the right places. 8O

moses

Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
Oh. Oh my. Add to that H&H Anniversary Kake. My palate is probably funky from the Bombay Court, but this tastes almost like chocolate toffee. Count me in.

moses

Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
Dragon: It's on the list. (Liszt?) I'm glad we could be franz.
Extra points for bad puns! ;-)

Jul 12, 2011
@rothnh-Glad you have discovered Marlin flake, I smoke so

much of it that I only buy it / 500 grams at a time ;-)

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
I added 2oz of Essence of Vermont from my last 4noggins order, just for fun, and ended up really liking it!

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Though not really a new find, I experienced more of a "re-find" of recent. I bought GLP Sextant as soon as it came out. Although I really enjoyed it to start, I had bought so many tobaccos around that time that it got lost in my rotation and, eventually, in my "cellar." I pulled out my jar a few days ago, after it had about sixth months of age on it (not much, mind you), and found that the flavors had matured just enough that it had become something else. It was amazing.
Now I'm looking to repeat the process, just with more tins. :D :puffpipe:

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Just loaded up Frenchy's Sunza Bitches and so far it's good. Halfway down the bowl it mellowed since I slowed down a bit and got used to the nicotine hit.
My go-to blend right now is Peterson's Irish Oak. Smooth, mellow and tasty.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
A good surprise for me was Peter Heinrich's Special Curly. A great smoke with a bit of a ginger note lingering in the back ground.

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
My biggest surprise this year: G.L. Pease Westminster. Worlds better than Nightcap and London Mixture!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
For me it was Mr B's Cambridge Mixture. I'll call it a light English that was mellow, flavouful and smelled amazing. Smoked through my 20gm sample in 3 days (which is a lot for me) and am heading to the store tomorrow to pick up some more.

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
C&D Star of the East. I love latakia so I expected to like it, but didn't expect it to be so complex. Don't get me wrong, you can tell it's 50% latakia, but I'm consistently surprised by how well the other tobaccos come through despite that.

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
I picked up 2 tins of 2002 Escudo last week and have nearly lost my mind, it' so good.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
G.L Pease Odyssey and SG Squadren leader. Squadren Leader suprised me since I didn't think I would like such a mild blend. I don't really know why I like it but every time I smoke it I have a semi zen experience. Wonderful.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Dan Tordenskjold Virginia Slices -- an exquisite Va flake with a touch of Perique.

DanTobaccoTordenskjold50g.jpg

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I recently inherited a display case for my pipe collection, which necessitated emptying my old pipe and tobacco cabinet. I discovered some Penzance that I had forgotten about, which had dried out but had some bloom it. After rehydrating for a couple of weeks, I had a bowl the other night. The first few puffs were extraordinary. Reminded me why I got into pipes in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.