PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
Sorting out my tobacco stocks today I found that I had a tiny bit of English, a bit of Aromtic and some German tobacco that I wouldn't atempt to discribe, normally I would bung these into a collective jar that has years of odds and ends in it, the contents of this jar makes interesting smoking, anyway today I thought that I should experiment and loaded each tobacco one on top of the other, well, what a very interesting smoke, tasting one tobbacco through another and one ghosting another, smooth smoothing out a harsh, I would not have achieved such an interestingly complex smoke had I just rubbed these tobaccos together, well this is something I must try again with different combinations.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
I have close to 400 lbs of tobacco stored up in my cellar
Holy crap you look like what 50's. If tobacco does not become impossible to get by the time your 80 you will need to buy a barn just for your tobacco. Is the tobacco in your will, what will you be doing with all that you will be leaving behind. Even if you stopped smoking today you would not go through what you have right?

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I like to take the dregs and mix it with something else just to see (taste?) the results. I have done the stack thing a couple of times with mixed results. What order did you stack them in?

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Gawith Hoggarth and Co. do what they call a "Pensioners Mix" which is made up of all their left over tobacco. Never the same twice!

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
Gawith Hoggarth and Co. do what they call a "Pensioners Mix" which is made up of all their left over tobacco. Never the same twice!
I often get the Pensioners Mix, probably the best value tobacco in the UK, always a great smoke as it is only quality tobaccos used, never had a bad one yet and have had a few great surprises, usually a lot of flake in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.