PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Has anyone seen these?
If you're going to smoke, you might as well make it count. That's the idea behind the Stiff Pipe ($800). The world's first plastic pipe cast in a single piece, the Stiff is designed to be displayed instead of hidden away, with classy colorways and a subtle sheen. The design also allows for a better draught through the pipe, making your tobacco taste that much better.
Plastic molded classic billiard shape with a briar wood tobacco chamber. Cool color choices!
http://www.stiffonline.com/products/stiff-pipe/

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
800 bucks for a piece of plastic seems a little high, also I don't know why but I have the sneaking suspicion that plastic would or could add an undesirable flavor to the tobacco. I just don't think that plastic could stand up to briar, meerschaum or corn even, but hey what do I know and even if it does smoke great not many people would want to pay $800 for plastic.

~Ron

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
Hold on I will rescind most of what I said about plastic adding flavor my eyes didn't notice the briar insert in the bowl, doesn't change my opinion of them though.

~Ron

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I don't know if I'd give $8 for that, much less $800! I don't want some PIM ( plastic injection molded ) crap pipe, briar insert or not! I mean good Lord, that's a Dunhill and a Rad Davis for crying out loud!

Briar Boy

(astrange1)
Apr 8, 2013
What a gimmick, and not even a good one at that, I'm gonna have to say no, make that hell no to that one.

Jan 8, 2013
doesn't even look appealing. I'm not likely to spend that kind of money on a pipe any time soon. And even if I could, it wouldn't be a plastic one. Is this someone's lame idea of a more "modern" pipe?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The people who came out with this sham should be ashamed of themselves. That pipe is not worth 8 bucks much less 800.00. I petty the poor fools who buy one.

bryanf

Jul 16, 2013
As Mr. T would say, "I pity the fool". I also find it hard to believe this is real. I wouldn't be caught smoking that pipe by myself, let alone in public. Fugly and stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.