PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
So I decided not to wait for PayPal and went and got a Visa Titanium+ this morning, I loaded it up with about $70 and placed a small order from noggins at about 120pm this afternoon.
Dunhill: NIGHTCAP 50g

McClelland FROG MORTON ON THE TOWN 100g

B.J. LONG PIPE CLEANERS - FLUFFY

4noggins Bulk BALD HEADED TEACHER x2oz

Peter Stokkebye LUXURY BULLS EYE FLAKE x4oz.
I get home from work and see PayPal finally completed my transfer this evening and I just placed my second order from noggins with a request it be sent in a few days.
McClelland Grand Orientals YENIDJE SUPREME 50g

McClelland Grand Orientals YENIDJE HIGHLANDER 50g

Missouri Meerschaum: COUNTRY GENTLEMAN - BENT STEM

Orlik GOLDEN SLICED 50g

Missouri Meerschaum: GENERAL - STRAIGHT STEM

Brebbia: STEM POLISH 7.5ml

MEDICO PIPE FILTERS x4

Peterson Tankard Rustic P-Lip

Dunhill Bulk EARLY MORNING PIPE 50g
I'm excited for these to come, I just hope there's no issues anywhere along the line. I have about 100g of MacBaren Royal left to last me until they arrive. I guess I'll be rationing it for a little bit lol.

HUGE shoutout to Rich and the team at 4noggins, such a pleasure to talk to him!!
EDIT: missed a couple things in the copy and paste :P

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
Nice! Like Christmas all over again. I'm a Yenidje fan also. Have you tried McClelland's Orient 996?

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Cavendish, you probably won't be waiting long for the order. 4noggins ships really fast so it likely will only take 3-5 days depending on the shipping method you selected. I've ordered a couple of times from Rich and the shipping was always quick even to Canada.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
You've got two of my all-time favorites there: Frog Morton on the Town and Yenidje Highlander.
I think you're going to be very happy. . .
Bob

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
[/quote]Have you tried McClelland's Orient 996?
I have not as of yet but it is on my list as I want to try all of their Oriental blends.
Be sure to share how that Pete smokes, I've been wanting a Tankard.
I plan on it. IDK what I'm going to smoke in it as I have never smoked an unfiltered pipe before. I might use this for Oriental blends. I use one of my Brigham's for Latakia/English blends, my chinook, dublin, and volcano (don't really favor the volcanow that much) are for flavored tobacco such an aro's. I have two MM cobs coming in my order as well. Those are going to be my fishing pipes. Losing a $50+ pipr isn't my idea of a good day of fishing no matter how many one catches lol!
Cavendish, you probably won't be waiting long for the order. 4noggins ships really fast so it likely will only take 3-5 days depending on the shipping method you selected. I've ordered a couple of times from Rich and the shipping was always quick even to Canada.
I've heard they are fast. When I spoke with him he said 7-10d max is what he tells everyone. He did say he had a guy email him back and said it only took 4d. I half expect it on friday, but if not then I know it will be in next wk. My neighbour placed an order from smokingpipes a couple days ago and the tracker shows it already in Ta-raw-na. He selected some nice cigars that are horrendously overpriced at Sheffield's in the mall. Less than half price he was telling me!

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Why in my last post all the quotes are backwards. I think I hit a key by accident or something. damnit it's all screwed up lol

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
cavendish:
I need to revisit the Orient 996, but my first tin was not wonderful. (It was a 2008 tin, opened in early 2009.) It was the most inconsistent blend I've ever smoked, with some bowls yielding no hint of Syrian latakia whatsoever and others that fairly blossomed with Syrian's distinctive flavor/aroma. Sometimes I got nothing but Virginia, other times it smoked with a much better balance. I don't know if it was the tin's youth or a manufacturing issue or simply my inability to find the right pipe for it. But I ended up giving away half of that first tin.
Unfortunately, I stocked up on this one, based on its reputation and its ingredients. (I love Syrian latakia and I love Yenidje.) So now I'm sitting on 16 2008 tins. I definitely hope it improves with age.
Bob

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
Hopefully you'll like Orlik, I love the stuff despite being an English blend man myself. And tell me what you think of the McClelland Grand Orientals you bought. I'm sitting on several tins of it, but I haven't opened them because I have enough tins opened as is.
rmbittner: You bought 16 tins of something you'd never tried? That's a hell of a risk if you ask me, though I can see why you did so. Maybe I'm still my father's son in that regard. I bought six tins of Squadron Leader without trying it, but I also knew I had someone who'd gladly buy it all if it wasn't my cup of tea. Luckily, I ended up loving the stuff.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
misterrogers wrote:
You bought 16 tins of something you'd never tried? That's a hell of a risk if you ask me, though I can see why you did so.
Actually, I bought 21; 1 to try and 20 to cellar. But I've given some away since then. I love Balkan and oriental-forward blends, and I love Syrian latakia and Yenidje; it seemed like a no-brainer.
That's pretty typical for me if I think I'm inclined to really like something -- either because I really like the blender or the ingredients sound perfectly suited to me. If I'm "more cautious," I go with 11; 1 to try and 10 to cellar. If I have no idea what I'll think, then I will do just a tin or two. . . but I don't like having a lot of single tins in the cellar, just in case I do like something when I get around to trying it. I don't want to discover at that point that it's no longer available or not always in stock.
Besides, even if I don't love a blend after the first tin -- as was the case here -- who knows how age might improve it? Or if my tastes may change down the road and be more inclined to appreciate it in the future? And if neither happens. . . well, then I've got tins of aged tobacco to sell or trade. :)
Of course, this can get out of hand. I just checked and I have 12 tins of Pease's Laurel Heights from 2006, and I've yet to try it at all. I've also got 10 tins of Dunhill's Aperitif, which I've also never tried. And 12 tins (the oldest from 2006) of Star of the East Flake, which, again, I've never tried. But, based on what I know of these blends, I'm assuming I'm going to love them when I actually get around to smoking them!
Bob

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
What is PAD and TAD??!! I see it and don't know what it is lol. I checked my email and it says shipped and there is tracking numbers. Do I go on USPS or CP website to see them? hmm I will look around after and episode of Bob's Burgers with my wife :D

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I don't use the search anymore b/c of its weirdness. I search on google and it brings up links for this site 90% of the time. the rest of the time I ask question lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.