PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
Has anyone placed orders with P&C lately, within a week or so and how long of a delay until your order arrived? When I placed the order this morning there was a, in RED, message about "some" delay. What is some delay?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
They are fast about their shipping. I'm certain the warning was for last weeks weather event. While they do ship fast, they ship poorly, big boxes with zero packing material. Stuff gets knocked around and often dented, but done so with the utmost expediency :)

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I ordered a couple days ago and it shipped yesterday. Michael is correct their packaging is horrible but they will quickly fix any problems with the order.
I had an order with several dented tins and they immediately sent me replacement tins and didn't want the dented ones back.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I was going to place an order yesterday but it was cheaper shipping the baccy from another competitor 500+ miles further away from me.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Seems they would rather replace the occasional damaged product then take two seconds to stuff a few cents extra packing material in every box.

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
Yeah usually when a company buys another they look for opportunities to improve operations and increase profits. I'm at a loss.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
If you just got standard shipping you should get your order about 2 weeks, any faster than that you live in the same zip code

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
coffinmaker, depends entirely on how much you ordered, how far you live and how busy they are. Two weeks I should think at most, a week if you are lucky.

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
Not big at all, one can of Bull Run and some Classic Coyote. Darn postage is getting expensive.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I have an order from 2/21/2017 that is still "Processing". I've tried to have it cancelled three times.
I'm waiting for some sort of "All Clear. Everything's fixed" message from Pipes and Cigars before I order again.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
“When a crowd adopts a point of view en masse, all critical thinking stops.” ― William Powers
That's a keeper.
These days, integrating inventory management, supply chain, online ordering and shipping is a complex gig. Software is replacing people, which sounds bad until you realize that doing so eliminates some tedium. Web nerds tend to have strong opinions on this, but the only real opinion that matters is the one that makes the system work, and that is a complex, nuanced and multi-layered process. Good luck to Russ and the team.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
I have an order from 2/21/2017 that is still "Processing". I've tried to have it cancelled three times.
I've placed orders from both SP and P&C on the same day, similar size. P&C is in my state and SP is four states away. I've seen the order from SP beat the other to my door! Go figure. Tuold, if you want to cancel the order, I would try giving them a call, but I still like both companies and do not hesitate ordering from either.

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
I received an email from P & C that my order from March 17th has shipped. Hopefully that means I should see it in about 5 days. We’ll see...

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
I'm still waiting on orders from IPSD on 2/20. It's way past ridiculous at this point. But I'm told by customer service that new orders are moving quickly. They are just still having issues with the batch of orders from their upgrade fiasco. When things are running smoothly, an order shipped to me in Chicago will get here in 2-3 days tops.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
begs the question why are they dealing with recent orders before older ones?

surely it should be first in first out.All efforts spent dealing with the backlog

just my take on it,I have never dealt with them as I am overseas just looking on.

Status
Not open for further replies.