PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
Love Ten Russians. Wondering about Pirate Kake? Thoughts? I like a heavy latakia blend. Also does anyone have special way of preparing PK? Is it a straight plug or a cake? Yes, I know it's called Kake, but you never know. Any help would be appreciated.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Pirate Kake v. Ten Russians sounds like the ultimate WWF match-up.

On the same bill as Squadron Leader vs. Black XX!

txbeerboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
I don't know anything about ten Russians. I order Pirate Kake by the pound. If you like latakia I believe you will enjoy pirate kake. I don't know the difference between a plug and a cake . It looks like brown mule chewing tobacco plug :)

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
Wel it does seem like I will like Pirate Kake, so off I go. I like the concept of a WWF smack down of lat bombs. The difference between a crumble cake and a plug is that you can crumble a cake but a plug needs a knife. I only ask because GL Pease's Gaslight looks like a cake, but to get the full flavor GLP says says to cut it crosswise.thanks for the input.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Pirate Kake is one of my favorite smokes. I buy it buy the pound, and must have about 25lbs. of it cellared away. It's 70% Latakia on a Black Cavendish Burley base, with a heavy Oriental components. It has no Virginia in it, which makes it a bit of an oddball to classify. I guess you could call it a Latakia Burley blend. It's an exquisite smoke, resinous, pine needle incense like smoke. Reminds me a bit of a ramped up Penzance. PK comes as a pressed Kake, and crumbles out easily. Very reasonable price per pound. Also check out Engine 99 which has a non pressed PK component.

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
OK, even for a latakia-phile as myself, Pirate Kake is a whopper. Just my opinion, but it's more of a lat bomb than 10 Russians. Pirate Kake can certainly put some hair on one's chest. Not saying that I don't like it. It just needs more sampling in the interests of science.

Status
Not open for further replies.