PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Good afternoon friends,
Last week my wonderful wife and I loaded up the car with camping gear, and our puppy, and hit the road. We drove North for about 3.5 hours before pitching our tent on the shores of Georgian Bay, which comprises about the north-eastern third of Lake Huron.
We had wonderful weather, and enjoyed swimming, hiking, cooking in camp, and waking up with the birds. We had deer in camp five nights in a row, but no bear, and went through about a bush cord of firewood in our campfires.
I had quite a few awesome smokes, but the most enjoyable was my sunset smoke on our last night in camp. I thought I'd share some photos of that smoke with you guys.
The pipe: Mario Grandi Freehand

The 'baccy: L.J. Peretti's Oriental #40

The drink: Lagavulin 16 (rocks... I know I know, it was hot)
Happy puffing,
-- Pat

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Great pics Pat! Cheers!
We're so lucky to have these special places within easy driving range of our cities here in Ontari-ari-o...

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Nice Pat! I'm just about to post on my vacation as well. Georgian Bay is one of the most beautiful places on the planet in my opinion.

chagovatoloco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2013
Looks like a good time. My vacation starts next week, camping in sierra nevada. A pipe and a lake what could be better.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Thanks for the comments everyone. We did have a lovely time, and were truly fortunate with the weather. It's a pleasure to be able to share these with you all.
I like the car shifter ashtray!
It's a pipe rest! Didn't the wood grain give it away?
-- Pat

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
That's awesome Pat! A vacation with views like that is always nice. It's even better when you have a pipe to enjoy it with. Glad to see/hear you had a good time. I haven't been up on Georgian Bay or Huron in quite a long time and I think I'm due lol.
I won't get my vacation for another 4 months. I always keep a weeks worth of vacation for hunting season ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.