PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I was perusing his listings and happened upon this Rad Davis Cherrywood. I had none of this shape in my Rad collection so I really thought I cannot let this opportunity get by me. Steve and I went back and forth for a couple of days talking about what the winning bid may end up being. I had a feeling his thinking would prevail and I was prepared to get out bid. I threw in a high bid a few days before the auction was ending. Then about one day left, I upped my bid even though I was still high bidder. I won it with my first bid and got a great deal. Of course Steve called me a thief for getting it at the price I did, which of course made me feel that much better.
This Rad is a group 5, light as can be at 44 grams even though it has really thick walls. This will make the 20th Rad for my collection, which is such a nicer number than 19.

s-l1600%2011_zpseeo1st4m.jpg

s-l1600%207_zpsxysarwis.jpg

s-l1600%209_zpstjctvsk3.jpg

s-l1600%2010_zpsdyjma3tc.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Looks like something I would buy. Beautiful blast, very well defined plateau, and a cumberland stem. Awesome score! Don't blame Steve, a great mustache has hypnotic properties that sometimes can't be controlled. The 'stache made you do it. :mrgreen:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Looks a bit like a Danish poker.
http://www.glpease.com/Pipes/Shapes/DanishPoker.php

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Come now Harris you would have pulled the trigger wherever it was, at least you got to be called a thief by Steve who probably had his tongue so far up his cheek it prevented him from laughing. There is no doubt whatsoever you're going to love it, good smokes.

banjo

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Beautiful pipe, Harris. What an addition to your Rad collection, especially since Rad has retired!

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Well, you old and despicable thief; since you gave me all this great free publicity, I have just packed up a little surprise to go along with your 20th Rad. It is famous, old, full and sealed and the contents catch fire easily. :wink:

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Note to self: Self, locate the method used by fellow forum members to identify and satisfy their PAD/TAD cravings within the Forum Family. So many nice offerings. :puffpipe:

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
It's not really his fault. I made me buy the Heeschen......that he PUT ON HIS WEBSITE.
Edited to add, I don't want any free stuff. He is holding to for me for another week, which is awesome of him.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Yep....leaving the collection at 19 wouldn't have been right. 20 is a much nicer number.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks for the nice comments guys.
Chasing, I think the shape is more bent Dublin or Cherrywood, too many lines for a poker. I always thought pokers were mostly straight or with just a real small bend. If I had to call it one shape, I would say Cherrywood.
Steve, I await with baited breath for the pipe and the mystery burnable surprise. Getting a steal off of one of your auctions is almost as good as having sex, especially when we both agreed before the auction what kind of price the pipe would bring. I am so glad we were both wrong. :clap:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nifty pipe. With the blast grain (rustication?), it looks like frozen fireworks.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
mso, it is a really nice ring grain blast, pictures do not do it justice. I am smoking it as I type and it smokes like it should, a Rad. The tin of tobacco Steve sent is amazing, so much so, I cannot divulge that it even exists, sorry guys.
Thanks again for another great transaction Steve.

May 31, 2012
The tin of tobacco Steve sent is amazing, so much so, I cannot divulge that it even exists, sorry guys.
Dammit man!
I'm thinking something like Cope Brothers Escudo...
...are you sworn to secrecy?

:puffy:

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
Harris, I completely agree 19 is a lame number 20 however is much better. Very, very nice pipe many happy smokes to you!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
spencer, I have big time OCD when it comes to pipes and tobacco, the 19 was bugging the shit out of me.
mlc, it is not cope's, I will give you a hint. It is a Dunhill brand with a 1999 sticker on it. Good luck.
Thanks Ford, I have always wanted one of these shaped Rad pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.