Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2012
Note to self:

check my email more frequently,

set up an alert!

:!:

One must be quick to score the grail!
Pipestud's latest update was the stuff of my dreams...
...sadly, I was too slow, but hope springs eternal that one day I will be quick enough when something like this pops up again.

:puffy:
1/16/2016
These are great prices too!
pDY89oa.jpg

Here's a neat item - a one ounce sealed package of Murray's Yachtsman's Plug. And, since Murray's has been out of business since 2005, this plug is at least a decade old and probably older. A very traditional style of pipe tobacco presentation providing a link with established craftsmanship of Irish tobacco blenders. Expensive top quality heavy bodied flue cured Virginias are purchased from established leaf auctions in Africa and Brazil. To this full natural flavored tobacco is added aromatic Burley to balance and smooth the blend. Conditioned with water, the blend is slowly pressed in large steam presses for several days to meld the rich and varied aromas. The cakes are then divided into plug form, allowing the smoker to cut it and rub it out to his own preference. A powerful and unique smoking experience. I have 1 one ounce sealed package still available for $28.00 - SOLD OUT
nums0gI.jpg

Here's a neat item - a one ounce sealed package of Murray's Erinmore Plug. And, since Murray's has been out of business since 2005, this plug is at least a decade old and probably older. A dark and rich stoved Virginia tobacco with added citrus flavoring and then steam pressed into small blocks. I have 1 package available for $28.00 - SOLD OUT
4wulThy.jpg

Here's a neat item - a one ounce sealed package of Mick McQuaid Plug. And, this plug is at least a decade old and probably older. A hot-pressed plug of Virginia and Burley with a fruity topping, which smells divine as soon as you open the pouch. It smokes velvety smooth and produces billows of thick, creamy smoke. The liquor topping creates a almond like aroma and a sweet taste. I have 1 package available for $28.00 - SOLD OUT
y0xnRNJ.jpg

Here's a neat item - a one ounce sealed package of Gallaher's Condor Plug. And, this plug is at least a decade old and probably older. Touted as a companion to Condor Long Cut, but a little less powerful in the strength department and a bit more floral in its overall presentation. I have 1 package available for $28.00- SOLD OUT
lFz6eWm.jpg

Here's a neat item - a one half ounce sealed package of Gallaher's Condor Plug. And, this plug is at least a decade old and probably older. Touted as a companion to Condor Long Cut, but a little less powerful in the strength department and a bit more floral in its overall presentation. I have 1 package available for $14.00 - SOLD OUT
BTW,

if anyone may happen to have an old shiny silver-foil-wrapped Velvan Plug as made by Murray's way back when,

I'd gladly pay $50 for it!

:!:
W1fZlty.jpg

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Yes indeed, his moniker is apt, and well deserved. Some of my best tobacco and pipe scores from the man with the "best stuff."

May 31, 2012
Here's a series of Studly memes I made after I was ecstatic with scoring an old cutter-top of Gallaher's Girder, sold at a rather low price due to a couple of pinholes, but turned out to be a grand smoke even if it was somewhat dry, and amazingly its scent and flavor was very well preserved, something I can only inadequately describe as a very rich rose-water type of thing...
...I smoked some with my buddy Eric and he can testify to its good qualities!

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/pipe-smokers-reputation#post-842881

:puffy:
Anyways,

here's the memes,

kinda fun!

:P
1FTZq4n.png

:
13WHgZy.png

:
quKwS50.png

:
L3hOpTY.png

:
sEut3zx.png

:
pnZso5R.png

:
qaTRlTb.png

:
TyUvHaA.png

:
00CQJwv.png

:
ZuRni7h.png

:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The Man does great informative posts, too. Good info, informed opinions, and a sense of humor.

pilotage16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2015
Can you set up an email alert with his website? I thought it was just luck of the draw. I've had only one transaction with him, he was nice enough to even ship to Puerto Rico.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Can you set up an email alert with his website? I thought it was just luck of the draw. I've had only one transaction with him, he was nice enough to even ship to Puerto Rico.
The instructions for joining Steve's mailing list are on the Home page, about half way down.
http://www.pipestud.com/301/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.