PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabomano

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2011
I can't believe this happened to me in about 10 minutes over a simplicity. I have a post on this site for a pipe trade and the same one was posted on PipeSmokersForum. In about 10 minutes I was banned for posting the trade. Here's the only notification I received:
"You have been banned for the following reason: We do not trade pipes here."
No email, no moving the thread to the appropriate area (obviously there isn't one) and no deleting of my thread. I even stated in the thread that 'Not sure whether this is the right forum for this request' realizing that it might be the wrong section. And I've been a standing member on the site for years.
What sort of mindset is running that forum? I've been selling pipes on eBay as 'jabomano' since 2001 with over 2400 feedbacks and all are positives and when I made a mistake I was told about it or my object deleted and then told about it. PipeSmokersForum won't even permit me to click on the site anymore. I can't even email anybody.
It was a simple request. It's not even a sale....simply a trade request. I've heard about dictatorships but this is pathetically ridiculous.
Ray

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
As long as you are honest you are welcome hear, don't take that as gospel, Im not a MOD but just giving my interpretation

jabomano

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2011
I've been a member on this forum since June, 2011. And probably around the same time on Pipe Smokers Forum. I'm just dumbfounded as to why they would do something like this. It sure doesn't speak highly of their integrity.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Yes, and I've been meaning to talk to you about padding your post count there, Chatty Cathy! :lol:

p4ttythep3rf3ct

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2015
The site also blocks itself if it detects you have an ad-blocker running, which is pretty weaksauce.
Maybe this is why? From their /community/pages/rules/ page:

7. Advertising, soliciting, self promtion or selling products or services in any form without a Sales Account is forbidden.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I was on pipesmokersforum.com for about three months. A member asked me a question about a pipe I posted and I answered him publicly about the pipe. He somehow got butthurt and I got banned. It's been long enough that I didn't know what forum the OP was talking about until I looked it up. I don't miss it, but I'm not really a social media wiz. I'm here and a fire investigation website.

Status
Not open for further replies.