PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Thanks Kevin for the posting. I use my IPhone and my computer but I have seen lots of people using Kindle and other reading devices at my doctor's office. Hopefully membership can be increased as a result of the additional access point.
Doug

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I assume this works for any mobile device with the Kindle App as well? IOS or Android

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I used my Kindle Keyboard to receive Pipesmagazine articles for a month or two. It works perfect. The only downside is the fault of the Kindle; the Kindle's 3G (wireless) has to be left "on" to receive blogs or magazines on a regular basis and 3G runs the battery down fast.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Neat, I'll have to give it a try.

I try to convert issues of "The Pipe Collector", the NASPC newsletter but even trying to tweak it in Calibre won't work well. It is just formatted to oddly, paragraph wise (from Adobe PDF). If anyone has any other conversion tips, send them my way.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
All my web surfing is on the ipad in Texas. I agree it is a pain to type, and prohibits me from expressing myself more often. Finger pecking out paragraphs isn't my cuppa. :|

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Followed the link over to Amazon and noticed that Rick Newcombe's new book "Still Searching For Pipe Dreams" (2nd in his series) is on sale. I'll be adding that one to my Kindle Library. Thanks Kevin.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Sweet. I'll have to check that out.
lankfordjl does that kindle you have support wifi and do you have wifi at home? If so you can get those updates over wifi. It's also possible to download it and copy it over USB to your device if you connect it to your computer.
A little ways down this page has directions on how to transfer stuff via USB if need be.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200375630

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Kevin,

I read through the most recent issue. Looks fantastic. I'll be reading those articles on the Kindle from now on. My only question is do you know how often they will be updated? Is it like a weekly kind of thing? Where you post the new articles once a week?
Thanks

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@fitzy

Kindle pulls from the Pipes Magazine RSS feed. The RSS feed is auto-updated as soon as new content is published.
I think Amazon gets pinged immediately and the updates to Kindle devices are nearly immediate. It may also depend on your settings.

dhintonca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Any time I go to Kindle on the Amazon.com site I'm told I can't buy anything and must go to amazon.ca (I can buy most other things through .com, but some can't be shipped to Canada). So the magazine is a no-go :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.