PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Very interesting. CI must see pipes becoming more popular based on their new store in Hamburg, Pa. It'll be nice having Russ O. in Bethlehem.

Russ, if you want someone to show you around the area, PM me. I'm always available.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I'm really hoping that the Pipes and Cigars tobacco selection is added to Cigars International. Just went on Pipes website and am still unable to order tobacco because I live in Washington state.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
What a surprise another company moving to PA to avoid taxes. Common sense tells you this deal has been in the works for some time now before the new tax change. PA will still be the only state without an additional state tax for a while anyways. We have a strong lobby and many jobs related to tobacco. Do you think they’ll pass on the savings to us, fat chance of that happening? Now I get hit with 6% yet again. Ah well the Internet tax will be taking care of everyone’s state sales tax anyways. This tax is going to filter down to state's raising taxes. Next up is the growers and import taxes.
The new tax laws are the end of the B&M's and the small internet companies unable to purchase enough to compete with CI/P&C. Those who supported the smaller companies when it was a buck or so will stop when it's $5+ difference. The gray market is on the way as it’s only going to get worse. Always remember that we are hated by 90%+. Raise gas 5 cents and they scream, tax tobacco another 300% and they cheer. Our only hope is that the next administration gets enough heat to separate pipe tobacco, but I doubt that will happen.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Thanks for the offer to show me around; it'll take some time to find a place and settle in, but I'm really energized by the opportunities here.
Russ

graywizard

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2013
Good luck to you Russ. You are a fine gentleman and also one heel of a tobacconist. waiting for them to ship the fusilier's ration. I DO love the Bengal Slices; but since it has been a long time for me and pipes i mixed up the tin for another until after our conversation i realized my mistake. Anyway, hope to be able to chat again in the future.
Best wishes my new friend!

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
dragonslayer, P&C did not move to PA, they were acquired by CI and the operation was moved there so it would function under one roof with CI. CI will be picking orders and shipping. For all practical purposes, P&C does not exist any longer, only in name. This was a cost cutting move for the new company, not a just move to a state with lower taxes.
Rich

4noggins

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
papipeguy has a point; CI may see pipes in the ascendency despite all the negative legislation. The New York Times

article last Sunday certainly cast a pleasing light on pipe smoking and explained it very well too. Some of the

online pipe retailers are roaring right along, it seems. The TAPS pipe show in Raleigh last Saturday is one of the

smaller shows, but it was a squeeze getting through the aisles. Best turn-out ever, I suspect. Also, it seems to

me that pipe smoking is less expensive at the entry level. I've smoked my share of cigars, and it mounts up,

once you develop a taste for better cigars. Lots of options with pipes so that you can have an enjoyable time

within a fluctuating budget.

toadie

Lurker
Jun 30, 2012
I'm not one to believe in omens, but I placed an order a day or so ago and judging by how much I was actually billed it seems the pipe I've been looking at for weeks suddenly went out of stock what must of been a minute before I clicked submit.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Yes, CI runs some fantastic deals. I am hoping they throw in pipe goodies if you buy over a certain amount instead of cigar goodies. Not much of a cigar smoker myself so those cigars get kind of wasted on me. I end up giving them away or just letting them sit.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
We've been doing a lot of talking about a number of ideas for specials, new products and ways to make things better. If we execute 10% of the ideas that have been tossed around, you're going to be in for a treat!
Russ

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I order like 90% of my cigars and cigar accessories through CI. I've yet to order any pipe related products, but I'm hoping that they will begin shipping pipe tobacco to Washington State. *crosses fingers*

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
i would think this could benifit the pipe smokers who also add cigars to their orders from time to time. I wonder if CI will be adding some of their great cigar specials to what you can order at P&C.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Guess I'm gonna have to call tommorrow when I'm off work...my order with P&C has been pending since the 12th.Me to Josh,spoke with them today.They had some slip ups in the transition.Mine will be here Friday...(I would call them)

Status
Not open for further replies.