PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
Better get your inventory in order, nothing worse than

ordering a good deal (my example was a scribe lighter)

I use the remaining balance up to $100 to order some

bacci...only to get no lighter (back order listed on

packing slip) and tins that look like the damn truck

ran over them (very well packed in shipping box so

I assume they where busted up before shipping)...

Hint; Don't ship customers crushed tins unless

you are giving them away to us :)
So I think this will be my last order with them...oh well
My two coppers tonight ;-)

Jul 12, 2011
Yeah I let them know...several times now...total BS..you

better listen to your customers P&C because when you don't

, poof/no more customers ;-)
I always believe in giving second chances , but three, four, five,

etc...nope! Way to many outstanding places like SP.com and

others going the extra mile for their customers

and you know what...that is "tops" in my book :)

protestantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 20, 2013
That's a shame. Might be a good time to mention some good experiences other places...? I know about SP.com, any others you would recommend?

Jul 12, 2011
Hi all, if you love P&C (I did as well in the past) keep ordering

there, this is just my lil rant here...and too many instances

of crushed tins, back-order let downs after the fact without

notification until I'm doing a box opening expecting my

order to be complete...only to be like WTF :-( missing

items w/back order listed on them
SP.com is tops, never any "real" issues and when there is,

they go above and beyond to take care of this piper, which

keeps me going back without a blink of an eye
I try to limit my orders and business to only a few, select

online dealers...for this reason...and if they are working

hard to take care of their customers, then they deserve

the business

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I hope P&C can keep tabs on their partially filled orders with some measure of reliability.

I have 3 tins on back order -- a risk I accepted because of a time-limited McClelland promotion.

I'm confident that things will work out, but demonstrating patience is difficult when other companies are running smoothly.

The rub is, you can't get Russ's blends anywhere else!

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I do still use them and like them, but stuff being on backorder, even though it shows in stock when I order it, does get old fast. I'm still waiting on a lighter I ordered from them a few months back.

nobail

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2011
Oregon
I've got 24 oz box of Bullseye LF and 16 oz of SHPC VR Blend on backorder. There is some issue with product quality according to an email. I had to send an email to receive any notification.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I gave up waiting on P&C with their out of stock items and emailed them to refund my money (which of course was taken at time of order even though items were not shipped). They credited my PayPal acct the money owed. I do seem to believe that Russ is a Helluva Guy but for the time being I am finished with the B.S at P&C. Too much out of stock, backorder B.S when all other vendors seem to have no problems. :crazy:

My business will be with 4Noggins for the time being, nothing but great service from Rich and the gang so far. :worship:

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
You shouldn't be able to order something if it isn't in stock. But, relax and have a smoke. I'm sure they'll fix it.

Jul 12, 2011
You are right brother, no worries here, like i said

a lil rant. I told CS to credit my order for the back

ordered item...had a nice smoke and placed an

order with SP.com without worry ;-)

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I can totally understand screw-ups. They happen. (I am a retailer and trust me, screw ups happen)
The real test of a retailer is how the situation is handled. From what I read, this was handled in a very unprofessional way. We all know that P and C moved to Penn, and certainly the switch over must be challenging. But when a screw up happens, a manager or supervisor should get on the horn and apologize and go overboard to make it right.
No accuses.
Make it right.
Allan

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
To be fair, none of them are perfect. I had a large order from smoking pipes come in yesterday, it was missing two tins. I emailed them over some pictures (shipping box, contents, invoice) and explained what was missing. I'm sure they'd have emailed me back, but it was close to closing time so I just went ahead and called. They were nice, apologized, and I should have a shipping confirmation for the missing tins within a few hours this morning.
Point is, SP.com isn't flawless either. However, they are still my place of choice because they have treated me well over the years. And when they don't have something I want, P&C is my second choice, as I haven't had any bad experiences with them either. That being said--sorry to hear of your troubles!
:puffy:

Jul 12, 2011
@undecagon~ I agree 100% with you brother. I go to P&C for one reason "Russ O.'s Blends" so I hope they treat him like he deserves to be treated..."A King" :worship:

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I order exclusively from smokingpipes.com. I do enjoy the blends from Russ, mainly Black House. But it's not a P&C exclusive anymore. I can order Old Dublin, EMP, and some SG flakes from smokingpipes.com, as well as a huge selection of pipes. That's all I want at this point, so I keep my business there.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
They have treated me very well, thanks, and I've taken on more responsibilities down here than I did in Albany, so please feel free to contact me with problems of this sort. I've scheduled a meeting with our people in shipping to get some answers about this. Anyone with an issue like this can email me at russo@pipesandcigars.com or call me at 610-297-9051 x254 and I will do what I can to resolve your problems and work to avoid the same things from occurring again.
Russ

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
smoking, don't cut off your nose to spite your face. Yes they are a bit of a cluster f..k right now, but eventually they will get things worked out. My last two orders were fine. Yes this should have been a smoother process, but unfortunately the people in charge have screwed the pooch a bit. When all is said and done, will you honestly throw away numerous free tins( I look at the money I save as free tins) because you were inconvenienced? There are certain blend they carry that no one beats them on price, their pipe cleaner prices are 35% cheaper than anyone else. Don't be short sighted my friend, free tins are free tins.

Jul 12, 2011
@Cigrmaster~ Makes sense brother/hear ya, like I said in title, just a lil Dragon rant (more of a letdown on items I had no idea had been back-ordered until my box opening, blows/but I got over it),
I think others have had enough issues as well and as Russ points out in this thread he is making efforts to correct these sorts of issues, which is a step in the right direction. I do enjoy great deals as you point...but enough kicks in the !@#$%^&*() and you start to weigh the deals vs time wasted, returns, blah-blah-rant-rant..you get where I'm going here 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.