PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013
hello

has anyone ever bought pipes/tobacco from this site? the low prices of certain tobacccos really had me checking it out, how come so low? anyway i wanted to ask for any reviews/experiences with this site!!

you always got to be careful with sites now days, i know that from first hand!... :puffy:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
They are a site sponsor, and one of the best.
I get 99% of my orders from them. I still need to try out Smoking pipes and 4noggins, but I've heard great things about all of them.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Personally, I prefer 4Noggins and SmokingPipes, but P&C are definitely a legitimate retailer. Order with confidence.

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013
thanks guys! great prices on Cpt Black there.... still cant believe retail price here is 23 euros per 50grams pouch...

and then people ask me why i smoke Clan and 7-seas..... :crying:

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Last year I ordered three times because everytime when I need tobacco they have a best price for me.

Not only a price a veriety and a service too. Also they ship free in usa with over $100 order.

Cigar International is very good too.

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013
no idea i live in Greece... but i got people in the USA too so i get a package almost monthly of pipe-goodness of every kind! (dont forget the bowling and hawaiian shirts!) :puffy: :puffy: :puffy:

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Captainian, living in Greece, I strongly recommend looking into 4Noggins. Might be able to allow you to cut out the middle man as they do ship internationally!

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
I do quite a bit of business with P&C and have experienced no problems ... to be fair, I have also done business with 4noggins and with smokingpipes and have had no problems with them either ...

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
IMHO if you have someone who will take your order and re-ship to you, you are on the right track. Except for the very few tobaccos I CAN'T get there, i.e. aged tins or house blends from certain brick & mortar stores, P&C is the only place I'll order from.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
I have purchased ALL my online pipe tobacco through P&C. Through all the horror stories posted on this forum, I've defended them, as they have always been great.

I will not order anything else from them ever again, however.

With my last two orders, I have asked for one sample per order, neither were included. I contacted customer service after the first one, and they graciously sent me the sample, and apologized for "their mistake". After the most recent order, they kindly told me to kiss off! Wow!

Reluctantly, I started checking out other websites, and fell in love with 4noggins. Not only are their prices better on the tobaccos which I most enjoy, but their website is a pleasure to use, not like P&C's "improved" website. I guess I have to thank P&C's customer service department for introducing me to 4noggins!

Jan 8, 2013
I like pipesandcigars.com. I've haven't had any major problems ordering through them. They went through some hiccups while they were in the process of moving, and had some shipping department hiccups as well that other members here had to suffer through, but they listened and they fixed their issues. I'll definitely order through them again. I'm still trying to get used to the new layout of their website though.

Jan 8, 2013
Sorry for the double post... I just wanted to mention that I'm very pleased with my experiences with the other sites listed above.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I like P&C, but their shipping can be a little slow. I live 30 minutes from them, so USPS is next day delivery. Still, though, if I place an order with P&C and 4Noggins on the same day, the 4Noggins order (from Vermont) will always arrive first. Rich at 4Noggins will always answer email promptly. P&C can take a little while.
But P&C is reliable, has good prices, and excellent availability.
Look at 4Noggins though, before you place an order with P&C.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I order about 75% of my tobacco from P&C, and I've always had good luck with them. Russ O. is a great guy and is always willing to help in any way possible. I gotta say though, I'm not a big fan of their new website, I liked the old one much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.