PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
My new Savinelli just arrived via UPS....quickly shipped....expertly packed....and with a really nice Pipe Calendar added free!!!!!!!! You guys rock...Thank you! :worship:

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I have three of their calendars, two are pipe themed and one is cigar themed. It seems like they put in whichever version is appropriate to that paricular order.

docrx

Jan 9, 2011
First bowl in the pipe (Savenelli Piazza de Spagna rusticated volcano)Carter Hall for breaking in, great draw and feel in the hand. So far so goood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I love that shop! They make 2 of my favorite Latakia blends, Black House and Magnum Opus. I was also able to get some Penzance there recently.

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
I whole-heartedly agree! I made my first internet order of a pipe for this Christmas. I was going to order a Aldo Velani Saucer I saw (plus a few other items). It was only a week and a half before Christmas but I was sure I got the order in under the wire.
Later that evening I opened up my email to find one sent by PipesandCigars.com telling me that the had sold the last Saucer right before my order. They then offered me several different options. I chose to order a Peterson and let them know if they needed to charge me a little more to get the pipe in by Christmas it was OK.
Well, three days later I had my order in my hands (without the extra cost) and a few extra goodies. You just can't get any better customer service.

irish2fish

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2011
Alaska
I agree. I ordered from them in Nov. and had my package in 4 days! that doesnt happen often in AK

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
P&C does rock. You can't beat their selection.
They're taking a while filling my Fusion Lab Blend order though, ordered last Thursday and still no ETA. But they did say it may take a while since they have to "blend to order"

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
They sure do Rock. Last two orders ,Nov. and Dec., received samples.

One was Light English from Altadis. Ask for something to match Carter H.

Well the short of it is ,started the second bowl and wife said it reminder

her of popcorn. So she made a batch. My be if they had something smelling

steak cooking,she just might cook one.

Joe2shoes

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
I don't like Savinelli.I have had problems with some of them.Serious problems with their work, found a hole in the bowl chamber of a punto oro closed with resin and charcoal 8O. After few smokes the resin broke and the taste of the pipe was horrible.Minor problems had sometime with other models.Hope your "piazza di spagna" (a well known place in Rome)will smoke perfectly

Maurizio

wildcat

Jan 1, 2012
I am very fortunate to live in an area where so many good B&M's are. Cup O Joes is right in my town and PipesandCigars is in Albany just 45 minutes away. The gentleman behind the counter is super friendly and the store is awesome. Great smoking room, very comfortable etc. Nice folks. Cup O Joes staff is awesome too... very helpful. Park Lane is just 30 minutes away as well. I'm a lucky guy!!

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
That pipes name is badass. I love volcanoes, dont have one yet though. I've made two orders from them. One for me, the other for my secret santa person. I didnt get any goodies in mine. My secret santa person may have though. Oh and we need some pictures of your pipe :D

tpicking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Another huge fan of P&C here!! They carry almost every tobacco I've wanted to order, they ship super fast, and the staff is as helpful as they get.
And I've talked about this in another thread, but their "Best of the Rest" (daily leftover spillage) is one of the best 'baccy buys I've come across. You don't know what you're going to get until you smoke it, but all three pounds I've bought so far have been fantastic (with a fourth pound due to arrive either today or tomorrow), and the price is excellent.
I've ocassionally purchased from other shops, but P&C gets almost all of my business.

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
I am a big fan of P&C - they are always helpful and flexible. Russ, their blender totally rocks!

batdemon

Dec 20, 2011
I agree, P&C does a great job. So far, without fail, I place an order on a Wednesday and it's in my mailbox come Saturday. :puffy:

richc

Lurker
Jun 6, 2012
Good folks there at P&C. I had a slight problem with a tin of 'baccy that seemed to been packed a bit short. Josh sent me a replacement tin which was received within a few days. I enjoy perusing their website and they have become my sole online [even offline hehehe] supplier of the lovely weed. I also enjoy their own English blends. Good stuff there and with plenty of vaporous white smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.