Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
In the past I wasn't able to buy from P&C because I was in the state of Washington. After their move from NY I placed an order without issue.
Just tried to place another order, and now they won't ship to Washington again. I'm tired of trying to give this company my money. Just removed them from my favorites list. Sorry Russ, it's a waste of time for me to even try to do business with P&C.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I thought Washington prohibited out of state shipments to individuals.

If true, why criticize take issue with P&C for obeying the law?

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I actually bought some tobacco a couple of months back and didn't get hit with the NY sales tax. Which is kinda nice since I prefer to pay with my Paypal acct and sp.com doesn't take PayPal atm. I guess I'll have to check to see if they're back to applying the NY sales tax.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
If I hadn't bought tobacco from them before, I wouldn't have an issue. It's the off and on and off again that I object to.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
This was a matter of a system glitch when we moved more than anything else. Our legal department determined that we should stay with the policy of not shipping to Washington State due to the possibility of fines and felony charges. There was a short period of time after the transition where our system allowed some orders to go through, but it was corrected immediately upon discovery. We didn't flip-flop; we never intended to change our policy. We know that some other companies ignore this statute, by it's always been our stance that we obey all applicable laws.
Russ

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Also, the reason we charged NY taxes was that we had to under state law, because we were based in New York. We are now in Pennsylvania, so we don't collect NY taxes any longer.
Russ

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Russ,

Thanks for the explaination. I appreciate and respect your decision on not shipping to Washington.

easygoer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2013
Love the Hearth & Home product line. I have missed out on trying the Marquee Series because they do not ship to Canada.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Famous Cigar left NY some years ago to relocate here in the Lehigh Valley. Cigars International, who now owns P&C, is a home grown business that began in Bethlehem, Pa. John Middleton and Consolidated cigars are also in Pa.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Scratching my head, if P&C does not ship to Washington state, how does the Seattle Pipe Club purchase their private blends made for them?

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
We've had to make arrangements to wholesale the tobacco to a local shop in Seattle. We can sell to a retailer, but not to a customer.
Russ

Dec 24, 2012
Love the Hearth & Home product line. I have missed out on trying the Marquee Series because they do not ship to Canada.
Have you checked smokingpipes? Way better service if they have the blend you're looking for.

easygoer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2013
Yes. I only started the hobby a month ago and have placed at least 5 orders with them tobacco and a couple of new and estate pipes. I really like there website. Just had my first order shipped today from 4noggins. Rich answered an email question from me yesterday within a hour. Some of there bulk blends look very interesting.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
And yet my friend, who lives in Washington State, buys cigars from the parent company, Cigars International, all the time. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.