PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
They seek to regulate, tax and control everything every item in our lives. Remember, they're from the government and they're here to help.
:twisted:

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
I said it all last winter and I'll say it again: If you honestly think that premium tobacco should be treated any different than 'blue collar' tobaccos, like cigarettes. . .then you deserve what you get.
Either everyone has their rights, or no-one deserves them. That's the beauty of oligarchical democracy. . . our government is only ever as good as we are, and as we deserve.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I said it all last winter and I'll say it again: If you honestly think that premium tobacco should be treated any different than 'blue collar' tobaccos, like cigarettes. . .then you deserve what you get.
Either everyone has their rights, or no-one deserves them. That's the beauty of oligarchical democracy. . . our government is only ever as good as we are, and as we deserve.

I agree, and Ben Franklin figured that out long ago.. see my signature.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
While I agree with yoru in principle, I think that this is a losing argument. There is substantial evidence that cigarette smoking will have an adverse effect on your health. This is not the case with pipes and cigars. I would also argue that the perception of pipe/cigar smokers is different than cigarette smokers and this is important. It would not be good for us if we are associated with cigarette smokers who smoke packs a day and cannot live without them for more than a few minutes. If we are going to be able to keep our hobby going without it become too expensive we must convince the greater public that there is a difference between Luxury tobacco and so called blue collar tobacco. I do not believe in prohibiting cigarettes any more that I believe in prohibiting pipes, but if we take the stance of all tobacco or no tobacco we will loose all tobacco. I also think the whole "I will just point out that it's democrats thing" violates the no talking politics rule. Clearly you mean to do more than just point it out.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I'm tired of the anti's running over us. We have rights too. Let me at 'em.

images.jpg

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
The TSA is going to be covering the interstates, looking for anything that "doesn't look right" in their hunt for terrorists as well. Guess eventually we will need a license to smoke in our vehicles.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
Yoru, I agree with you that it's hypocritical to want to tax one form and not another, but that doesn't mean that just because you've lost a battle you throw in the towel for the whole war. That's how I'd see this. Cigarettes are one battle, pipes are another, snuff another, etc. I'm all for the gov just leaving me the hell alone as long as I'm not harming anyone else...but that's just me.

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
Man, just the last couple weeks has really made me embarassed to live in Ohio. What with the media coverage of the exotic animals escaping, and now this. And I agree, PAUL FOR PRESIDENT!!!

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
It is all one battle and it has absolutely nothing to do with tobacco. Minor minor skirmishes working towards a frightening end. Every inch given moves everything closer to the end... Just my view.
@yuro - very very well said.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
@sherlock, the forum rules do not forbid talking politics that have to do with tobacco policies and legislation.

So then, let me just say this nazi-ism nannyism is a Democrat thing.

And now, an interesting observation by igloo... :clap:

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
How come everybody know whats best for me , but me .And why does it always involve me paying more taxes . It seems to me there is a lot of knowledge these days , but no wisdom . :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.