PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahew

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2017
Kentucky Hills and Hollers
I am fortunate in a way, that my wife has gone back to school. While I enjoy every moment we have together, there is something to be said for those quiet moments to ones self. You see, Wednesday nights are her school nights. Which means I have a few hours to just be.
I happened to have studied philosophy, and world religions. Which means I have a tendency to just downright overthink! Those moments that I remember to just enjoy the simpler things in life, like my huskies romping in the snow, a good rye whiskey, some music I enjoy, and a nice piece of briar (a GBD Tapestry 9456), are treasured moments that don’t seem to come often enough.
Thinking is sometimes overrated! Reflecting on the beautiful things we have in our lives however, is a fine way to spend an evening.
Cheers!

-M.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
Be careful not to overdo your libations to the Gods of No Thought, she may need your help with homework when she gets home.

groovediggerdan

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2017
Possum Trot, MO
When I was younger, I'd always wonder why the old farts in the neighborhood would always be out in the garage, just piddling around, not really doing much of anything (so I thought).
Now I understand! Sometimes it's nice to get away from everything and just sit and stare at stuff for a while and switch off the thinker. Or, in the tradition of our elders sort various screws, bolts and nails and place them in various baby food jars for safekeeping in the garage. A pipe and a nice beverage make these activities all the better. Prost!
-Dan

mahew

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2017
Kentucky Hills and Hollers
I tend to not overdo the libations, but I am not likely to be much help with her schoolwork. I did manage to make a tamper/pipe knife while I was q
The baby food jars strike a cord with me. I had a contraption my great grandfather made. Basically a spinning wheel of wood slats, with baby food jars mounted to it via the lids. Held a handy assortment of screws and such, and you would just spin it to find what you were looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.