PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
Has anyone ordered any pipes from www.etsy.com? It is supposed to be a place where local craftsmen can sell their goods.
I bought a Bison Pipe bag from this guy (link below) and it was over the top quality and everything I was hoping it would be. Mine was not the red leather but the natural color. I was wondering if somebody knew if any of the pipes were the same quality I might give it a try.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/661465707/thick-bison-buffalo-hide-large-tobacco?ref=related-3

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I purchased a pipe off Etsy. No bidders to worry about, some haggling seemed appropriate and paying and shipping were seemless. All in all, I had a very pleasant experience.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I've considered it a few times when I've seen something I like, but by the time I decide I want it, it's usually gone, but that's okay. There's so many that take its place, so one day, I'll see something I want bad enough that there won't be a delay.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
Thanks for the info. I wanted to be sure before I dropped money on a pipe. I'll be sure to ask some questions. Some of the ones I like don't have dimensions and you never know with pictures.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
I bought a couple pipes off of Etsy with mixed results. They were advertised as ‘fully restored & in near new condition’. The seller went on about how picky he was in that regard via emails. One pipe arrived that hadn’t even been cleaned. The shank & bit were plugged with tobacco debris. I cleaned the pipe and the seller gave a discount. Both of these pipes are fair smokers; they gurgle a little more than I prefer however.
On the other hand, I did buy some handmade pipe socks from a different seller. They are of high quality & the transaction went well.
I read somewhere that Etsy now charges sales tax. I don’t know if that’s accurate, or exactly how it comes into play.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not very adventurous in this regard, I guess. I like our sponsor retailers since they intentionally cultivate their customer base in specific and knowledgeable ways. Plus, they give incredible discounts from time to time. I don't think any of the more general online sales outfits are set up nor have the expertise to do that.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
I bought a few estates off Etsy, but the store owner is a mod on another pipe forum, so there wasn't really any risk for me there.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Ive been looking at a Pipe rack on etsy.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/219399218/pipe-rack-cabinet-32-pipe-rack-cabinet?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=pipe+rack&ref=sr_gallery-3-35&organic_search_click=1&frs=1
https://www.etsy.com/listing/156337507/pipe-rack-cabinet-smoking-tobacco-pipe?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=pipe+rack&ref=sr_gallery-7-36&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
I purchased pipe accesories on etsy but no pipes. A seller by the name of Womman makes an excellent quality pipe roll. I think I got my six pipe stand from there as well. Great site and great sellers!

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
I had a great experience with Vintage Pipes on Etsy. Purchased one of his custom Missouri Meerschaum pipes and am very happy with it. He even made me two custom stems, by request, to fit two of my other MM's and the fit was perfect. Quality work and a good guy to deal with. He really went out of his way for me. And once my package arrived, I was surprised by all the extras he added, including several tobacco samples.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I've had mixed results with many different things. Estate pipes, be sure to ask questions and ask for specific pics before you pull the gun. Good sellers will work with you. Good place for unusual gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.