Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
These ridiculous sales show up from time to time. Worst part is there is some idiot out there getting ready to fall for this crap.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Well if that's the case, keep an eye out for my $500 cob I'm about to list. PipesMag members will receive 10% off.
promo code: sucker.

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
It looks like the ones that sold went for $46 dollars or so.
Maybe just a weird typo...?

Dec 24, 2012
Pipes are not included.
Ah, the fine print of an ebay auction. Looking at that auction I was reminded of the words of the great British jurist Lord Denning, who famously wrote, in Spurling Ltd v Bradshaw:
I quite agree that the more unreasonable a clause is, the greater the notice which must be given of it. Some clauses which I have seen would need to be printed in red ink on the face of the document with a red hand pointing to it before the notice could be held to be sufficient.
The fine print in this auction should have had Lord Denning's legendary red hand pointing to it, lol.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
It looks like the ones that sold went for $46 dollars or so.
Yeah, I just took notice of that, but I can't see how that is possible seeing that the seller only has a Buy It Now option. Once you hit that button you are obliged by eBay to pay the stated price.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
This came up a while back here or on another forum. The seller leaves these up at all times (something about listing fees or some such). They change the price to these ridiculous prices when they are out of stock (under the assumption that no one will click buy it now at that price) and then change it to the correct price once they have them on hand again.

Status
Not open for further replies.