PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
thread
Thought some of the newer members might want to check this thread out. 26 pages showcasing the humble pipe in classic art.
I'm not sure if the original poster still comes on here, but for those who appreciate the past and all the history wrapped up in pipe smoking, this may be for you.

georgebmcclelland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2018
This is a wonderful thread, I'm about to go through it all back to front. Thanks for posting this link, Mike.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Mike-
Great idea. Since the thread was closed it doesn't come up "by itself" when someone posts to it.
Ed Green did a yeoman's job on filling it out.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
George, mile high, I'm glad you like the thread.
Thanks John, it is such a great collection of images it needs to be shared. 26 pages is a lot to go through in one sitting, but its worth bookmarking and checking out when you have the time.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As mentioned on another thread, my sister gave me a lapel/hat pin for Christmas based on the "This Is Not A Pipe" painting; the pin is from the gift shop at the Art Institute of Chicago. So pipes reach into art and back to fashion. I have a MM cob trucker's cap, but since this is briar, I think I'll find a sports jacket or another hat for the pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.