PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I am currently job hunting and have been traveling a good bit for job interviews. Last weekend I was in Virginia and found these three. The top bowl is marked BRUKEN. I don't normally buy stemless bowls, but this one was very interesting. The bowl is oval shaped and the outside has their whimsical shape. Did some research on the maker which is below.
BRUKEN: Famed for quality and tradition, the pipe maker Bruken - Sucesores de Emilio Navarro bears one of the most symbolic and significant names in the pipe business in Spain.
The company was founded in 1914 by Emilio Navarro Folgado. In the beginning, the grandfather of the current proprietor dedicated himself to the manufacture of finished pipes. In 1935 he expanded his trade by offering half-finished pipe bowls, delivered to many buyers abroad. After his son Emilio Navarro Vilanova, the grandson Emilio Navarro Prosper heads the business today.
The next pipe is an aluminum body Kirsten type pipe but has no makers mark. Anyone know who might of made it? To be honest I'm not a big fan of smoking these but think they look cool. I'l still restore it and give it a smoke because you just never know.
Lastly the real prize. A 4 hole stinger pre-1955 Kaywoodie Supergrain bulldog for $7. It needs cleaned and the stem is oxidized but I will soon remedy that. The stem fits well and the chatter is very light. This is my second awesome Kaywoodie that I have found in the job hunt, the other was a military mount.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I wondered how the research was going on those. You now just need to cut a new stem for the Bruken. I say a fancy lucite would be awesome.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Good buy on what will be great pipes. Good way to boost your morale during a job hunt -- good investment both for pipes and morale! Smart.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yes Jason I was thinking the same thing or maybe a Cumberland, that is after I find a job, relocate, and set up shop again. I have a pile of cool estates waiting their turn to be restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.