Tags:  No tags yet. 
[closed]

Pipes for Working

(28 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

new to the forum first post I was looking for suggestions on budget friendly pipes 60$or less i was gonna buy 2 strictly for work maybe with a acrillic stem and a Smooth bowl finish since I work in the automotive field it's be easy to clean off dirt dust grease ive poked around at a few but im sure you guys might have some good ideas as I don't usually keep on the up and up

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. mikethompson

mikethompson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Since it will get all beat up and dirty, I'm going to suggest a cob or something from Missouri Meerschaum. They are cheap and solid.

I have a wooden one from them and it would be your best bet.

Welcome to the forum!

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

thanks I looked at some yesterday at my b&m they were about 12$ I should have got some but I'll pro only be heading back today another excuse to grab a few bags of baggy too

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. ben88

ben88

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Restored estates. You can get very nice Dr.Grabow for under $30. For around $60 you can get a former $100+ pipe.
    Another choice - Rossi. Especially 320 shape. Just google Rossi Rubino 320. It's on the heavy side, so if you are a clencher, get some softy bits.

https://www.4noggins.com/b-j-long-rubber-pipe-bits.aspx

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. ray47

ray47

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I agree with others, cobs are what you need. Here's a site that you might want to consider.
    https://aristocob.com/

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

thanks for all the responses I'm headed out to track down some cobs never had one I do like my Briars on the heavy side and use softies bc of having soft teeth the light pipes I always seem to get the wobbles while clinching and end up making a mess with ash or they simply fall out and hit the ground

ps trying to set a avatar but anything I upload seems to say successfully upload but it's just a black square any help I've tryd diff setting in the phone camera but still nothing

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. mcitinner1

mcitinner1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hi fart, and welcome. Excuse me, but I can't help but suggest you read the rules. Especially rule 9 about spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

Stan
    Godfrey Daniels!!
    The Plenipotent Key to Cope's Correct Card of the Peerless Pilgrimage to Saint Nicotine of the Holy Herb:
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

where would I find the rules at on here

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. olkofri

Olkofri

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Here:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/forum-rules-read-before-posting-please-1

Not the sweet, new grass with flowers is this harvesting of mine;
    Not the upland clover bloom...
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I guess I'll have to read over my post more better Haha befor I send some times the auto correct gets me all I have is my phone to use good to know tho

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. jayski

jayski

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forum. Where the intel is fresh and plentiful! Any way I would suggest a MM country gentleman or if your looking for something smaller a MM cutty.

"[Kipling] sees clearly that men can only be highly civilized while other men, inevitably less civilized, are there to guard and feed them."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  12. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Savinelli has a line of pipes for 67.50. They are very good pipes for the money.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=259640

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  13. hawky454

hawky454

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This is hands down the best sale price you'll likely ever see a good pipe go for, Stanwell Brushed Brown $20 a piece, ya just can't go wrong here.

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. thesmokindragon

thesmokindragon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome. That Stanwell deal is again a great suggestion - all my Stanwell pipes are solid smokers and I wish I scored them at $20./ea

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. edwinbaz

edwinbaz

Login to Send PM

Morgan Pipes make a "natural" rough looking line of briar pipes called Bones. They're about $40 and have a great rugged feel and look.

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

how would one load a picture from a phone gallery of like to share what I decided on

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

18. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I hope this link works still trying to figure things out a no name but I like the looks the steam has a pearl effect on it hard to see in the photo and I made a quick leather stand to keep it in place on my tool box

on a side note any one have opinions on the XIKAR Resource II Pipe Lighter they had one at the shop I was thinking about going back to get it next week always used my corona olboy no experience with the electric lighters

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. perdurabo

perdurabo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Middle Fart, this all sounds like a bunch of griping and bitching, especially over something like Grammar, Usage, and Mechanics, but the Owner of this Magazine wants to keep a certain style and pedigree. Kevin would like to keep the "Text Messaging" style of communicating at a bare minimum( at least this is how I understand it) Using periods and capitalization really helps the reader of your post. You can use abbreviations and such, and we all screw up on spelling and the occasional uncapitalized Thread Titles. Just trying to help you out.

It's not my position nor want to help another man. It's his responsibility to help himself, as where he can learn to dig down deep enough to save himself. -I. Kidd
    Posted 1 year ago #
  20. User has not uploaded an avatar

mindovermatter

Login to Send PM

I would not recommend getting the Rossi 320 pipe since its a heavy pipe. for clenching you can be sure corncob will be a great choice for all the reasons stated above.

Posted 1 year ago #
  21. mrmotoyoshi

mrmotoyoshi

Login to Send PM

You should really check out Morgan Bones. They’re probably the best bang for your buck and you don’t have to worry about using them at work.

I'm an expert in my own opinion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  22. User has not uploaded an avatar

thefishguy

Login to Send PM

I love my Dagner poker cob as my work pipe. Light weight for clenching, tall bowl for an ample smoke, and inexpensive.

Posted 1 year ago #
  23. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forums, middleagedfartwithapipe.

Hi fart, and welcome. Excuse me, but I can't help but suggest you read the rules. Especially rule 9 about spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

I second that. Here are some useful links for you:

FORUM RULES

Forum Etiquette and Guidelines

Posting Photos, Etc. - Videos & Directions

Javan
    Posted 1 year ago #
  24. User has not uploaded an avatar

ukbob

Login to Send PM

If a smoke when I'm working which isn't very often at the moment it's usually a cob. Good smokers and cheap to replace if it getting broken.

Posted 1 year ago #
  25. joshb

joshb

Login to Send PM

I too am a mechanic. I carry a MM Legend as my work pipe. It's swollen, chewed up and greasy but is a GREAT pipe for work. The Hardwood Ozark Mountain would be another great option.

Posted 1 year ago #
  26. indianafrank

indianafrank

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke cobs when working outdoors, or in my shop carving.

I don't know where I'm going...but sooner or later I'll get there.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  27. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Cobs, Missouri Meerschaum, would work fine. Dr. Grabow would also do a good job. I almost hesitate to suggest this, but the only good use for very inexpensive, somewhat overweight pipes made of Brylon, a wood composite, is in rough work situations. Brylon is sort of a joke with pipe fanciers because they burn hot and are not "real wood." However, for this application, you might want to try one. They are indestructible and can be scrubbed off and dropped and remain intact. Minimal investment, so if you don't like it, you can throw it in the dumpster. Several members own them and like them, or don't object to smoking them. If you end up preferring a cob or Dr. Grabow, you might use the Brylon as a car pipe ... or a tack hammer.

Posted 1 year ago #
  28. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

The OP is not a member anymore, so closing down this one.

Posted 1 year ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   frankrem, spartan99, loneredtree, bayareabriar, rodo, oldgeezersmoker, smudgersmissingleg, pitchfork, ashdigger, cshubhra, 3rdguy, marc75