PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesgirl

Lurker
Dec 7, 2011
Okay, I have to ask..what kind of pipes do women like? And/or, what do guys like women smoking? I have been looking at some meerschaums that are eye-catching for a woman..
Any recommendations from male or females?
SG124.jpg

IK124.jpg

Edit: fixed pix, L

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Women, like men, tend to like pipes that "speak" to them. I'm sure some of our female members will agree, that it is more of personal preference than an actual style.
-Jason

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I think the churchwardens have an elegant shape women might like? They are not so portable due to their long stems. Or you might look at Stanwell feather weights.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/stanwell/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=84412
These black and white savinelli's are good looking.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=51203

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
Hey Mikesgirl, I actually had one of my pipes purchased from a wonderful female forum member here, and I was asked to "feminize" it. It was pleasure doing so, and it seemed that she was extremely happy with the end result. I guess it is all up to the personal choice of either male or female as to what catches their eye the most. What exactly do you look for when looking for pipes?

mikesgirl

Lurker
Dec 7, 2011
Thanks guys...good tips! Briarbird, you wouldn't happen to have a pic of the "feminized" pipe you made would you? I have never bought one for myself, so not sure really. I like smaller, unique designs, and eye-catching stems :) I just saw one of your pipes on another thread, and you do a really great job!!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I thought this was a question about what pipe to smoke to attract women. The answer is doesn't matter. Just smoke aromatics or anything but latakia.
Winton

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I say you get what catches your eye or grabs your attention. That's how we all ended up in this insanely addictive hobby he he he.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Smoke anything you think looks cool and smells/tastes good. Even Latakia. English tobaccos smell great to me! Except a pipoo. For God's sake, don't ever do that! :rofl:

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
One trait I love in women is when they know what they want and go for it. Find something you like and enjoy it :)

That being said, I can see something like this being stereotypical (small, pretty, curvy, etc) of what a woman might like while not being "feminine" (AKA: I'd smoke that in a heartbeat).

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
Whatever you do, stay clear of the pipoo. You can't fill it, you can't smoke it and the tobacco that comes with it is foul. Tried to give mine away, found no takers so they went in the bin. I do remember about ten years ago Butz (I think, or one of the other members of the Saint-Claude mob) made a series of pipes especially designed for women. Small bowls, thin stems, gaudy colors and even a touch of glitter.

deithial

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2012
I would think women, (much like men) pick pipes just like any other mate. If it is pleasing to the senses and it makes you smile, if you long for it when your away from it, then well, its a match and worth taking care of and enjoying as long as possible.
Damn, I need to start a tobacco/alcohol greeting card company.

Jul 12, 2011
If you are just getting into pipe smoking and have a small amount

of pipes in your rotation a Meer or a Custom Cob ;-) are right on the money, both

smoke cool/dry and don't have to really be rested

johninkc

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2012
Smoke what you enjoy, enjoy what you smoke. I know a lady who LIKES "The Pipe". Her rack has Pete bents, straight apples, ...
Smoke what you enjoy, enjoy what you smoke. Louise of Hermit has one of the premier collections of Group 1 and 2 Dunhills.
Smoke what you enjoy, enjoy what you smoke. Sally Drees Gottliebson, the Pipe Tart, has a fairly extensive collection of freehands ... of course, she is following Lee Erck's advice as a merchant ... market the stuff you sell.
Smoke in peace

Status
Not open for further replies.