PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornsnob

Lurker
Oct 4, 2013
So I am a young college student in good shape and in the smoking areas I often sit for a hour or so smoking my pipe. I have noticed that many of the women in the smoking areas take a special interest in me, maybe they see a man who smokes a pipe differently then just the average Joe. Not sure why, would love some of your guy's input and experiences!

craig94yj

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2013
Waterford, Ct
Confidence is a big player when it comes to the opposite sex. Just the fact that you stand out with being different by smoking a pipe is a good start. Being young and in good shape takes it up another notch. If you were 450lbs and covered with skin tags I'm sure you would still draw some attention, but not in the way you are getting it now. Third, smell is the strongest sense committed to memory so always make sure you are smoking a pleasing aro when in the lounge and fourth, smile when you notice you are being watched. Eye contact and a copy of " 50 Shades of Gray" might peak their curiosity. lol Good luck and happy smoking.

txbeerboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
I have put it to the test. There is something to women and pipes in public. I went to a three day event the last weekend of September. Fire up the pipe in a crowd I had 30 year old women almost standing on my boot toes. I tried stepping back some to see their legs and they would close the distance before I could get a peek. I am in Texas and they are still wearing summer fashions.:)

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
Had a 'clean up party' at my ranch the other weekend. At the end of the day we all gathered around a big bonfire. One of the girls was sitting across the fire from me with her boyfriend. When I started to fill my pipe, it got her attention and she said, "If you're smoking your pipe I'm going to come sit by you!" And she left her boyfriend on the far side of the fire and did just that! Too funny.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
It's also possible it will repel the ones you wouldn't be interested in anyway, making for another plus. Or a negative resulting in a net gain of zero, depending. I definitely say "plus!"

But then, I am the guy who smokes English and only English blends wherever he goes-other people's opinions may not be my highest priority...

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I've posted this before, but will again:
I got a lot of dates because I smoked a pipe, especially when I was in college often because I was just about the only guy on campus who smoked a pipe. In those days, you could smoke in the dorm, during classes, and in the library, all of which I did. Pipe smoking was a real chick magnet for me.
One day, about 10 years or so after college, I was walking and smoking when a woman came up to me and said, "I remember you. We went to school together. You were the pipe smoker."

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I would tend to agree...

(My wife Greta and her daughter on our Italian trip)

ibxaoo.jpg

cornsnob

Lurker
Oct 4, 2013
Just the other day I had a girl want to share a bowl of some dunhill yatch with me,she said her grandpa smoked a pipe and felt soothed by the sight and smell of me smoking it, only if she had been cuter lol

buzzbegone

Lurker
Sep 28, 2013
I've been smoking pipes before me and my wife met, so I asked her about it, because I was actually smoking my pipe the first time we met.
We first met in a club called "The Game House" I remember her coming to me as I was sitting at the bar and we had a pleasant conversation that evening while I was smoking my pipe the entire time. Anyways I asked her opinion on my pipe smoking the first time we met. My wife told me that she remembers that night and said that if I had not been smoking my pipe we probably never would've met. She explained that when she entered the club with her friends, she smelled some strange sweet aroma coming from the bar area so she went to check it out. That's where she discovered the aroma was coming from my pipe smoking. My wife told me that I looked dorky (and says that I still look dorky now), but the pipe smoking caught her attention so she decided to talk with me. We became good friends after that, and eventually started dating...and because God felt pity on my miserable luck with past women, he helped me marry this woman a few years later.
By the way, the tobacco I was smoking that night was Peter Stokkebye's Cherry Bon-Bon.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
My wife knew I was a pipe smoker when we started dating and was fascinated by the whole thing. She said she married me as a way to be close to my handsome, virile and manly looking pipes. Oh well, you take 'em any way you can get 'em. 8)
Pipestud

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I find my dashingly handsome looks and God like features attract women, pipe or not.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I was married when I started smoking a pipe.As you can guess..I had to be careful how I reacted to another young ladie.Especially if my wife thought she might not be all that much of a lady.Now that I'm an old fart the response that I get most is that I remind someone of their grand father who also smoked a pipe...When you meet that special girl who is to be your life long soul mate it probably won't matter to her wheather or not you smoke a pipe

cornsnob

Lurker
Oct 4, 2013
I was married when I started smoking a pipe.As you can guess..I had to be careful how I reacted to another young ladie.Especially if my wife thought she might not be all that much of a lady.Now that I'm an old fart the response that I get most is that I remind someone of their grand father who also smoked a pipe...When you meet that special girl who is to be your life long soul mate it probably won't matter to her wheather or not you smoke a pipe
That's deep

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
cornsnob wrote: "I am a young college student ... I have noticed that many of the women in the smoking areas take a special interest in me."
Interesting ... I hadn't thought about that in years (too many of them), but I had the same experience back in college days ... I remember one coed in particular who told one of her friends how cool it was that I smoked a pipe ... it never occurred to me that this could be more of a common thing than one might have imagined ...
IMO, you might be on to something ... keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.