PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
So I bought myself a mini briar to smoke at work. What I'm wondering is how I should transport it. Pack the bowl at home or take the tobacco with me and pack it at work? What do you guys usually do?

jeffboyrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2012
I load my bowl and smoke on my way to work, about a 10 minute drive. I tamp out my pipe and as I go throughout the day and am able to go outside, I re-light and re-enjoy. My good days are measured by if I get to load my pipe for round two during work hours. I don't smoke mini's though, so I guess you'll have to balance that. Jeff

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Personally,

Small briar, pouch with Kendal's Kentucky and a second pouch with something aromatic. Lately that has been Autumn Evening.

The little briar I have lasts me about 15-20 minutes on a break.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
Pipe pouch and tobacco pouch. Since it's almost winter, they fit right in the peacoat. During warmer weather I tend to wear cargo pants and stick my pouches in there.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
So I guess on my next TAD order I'll get a pouch... Until then do you think the tobacco would be fine if I pack it at home? It wouldn't be able to smoke it until 2-4 hours into my work day.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Just throw it in an old tin and keep it in your pocket if you'd rather pack at work - you don't need to pay for a pouch unless you feel like you need one...
If you have a tobacco sold by the pouch then that also solves your problem right off the bat.

ie. Prince Albert, Carter Hall, Sir Walter Raleigh, Sail, et cetera

These are decent work smokes because they generally burn quickly and they aren't overly high in nicotine.

sal57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2012
Put it in a zip lock bag until your pouch comes in and pack as you need.

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
I bring my pipes and my tobacco I want to enjoy with me to work. I pack a bowl before I leave the house and smoke it on the way in. Then during lunch my fellow pipe smoking coworker (and friend) head over to Smoker's Haven a couple times a week to chat with Premal and enjoy a smoke. Then I pack up for the trip home.
We have a smoking area here when the weather is good we will spend our lunch hour outside.
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.