PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakegoodman

Lurker
Jan 13, 2016
Charlotte
I love playing golf and I usually smoke cigars if I am driving cart. I don't smoke if I am walking with my push cart. Now that I am back smoking pipe, I started thinking of having pipe while playing golf. Is anyone doing that? I can see some issues and it will not be as easy as having cigars. With cigars I am using little device called "cigar compadre", which is absolutely great for the job.

36499655423d82da7812f14a87115a4f.jpg

dee12587c0459bb17871ae46e7329f83.jpg

d865544b78d1a6e1e9704c6072ebf5f4.jpg

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
Yes, I pipe and golf. There needs to be a designated term for it, like lunting is for walking and smoking a pipe. Gunting? Polfing? I have designated pipes for golf, my Peterson being my favorite golf pipe. Also a Brigham Acadian, and a Comoy's Grand Slam. It's also nice to have a cigar clip which doubles for the ppe. You can attach it to the cart for a place to put your pipe. I also rest it on the ground occasionally. I know a guy who can swing with the pipe clenched but I am not that talented!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I have been known to pipe and golf. Got some good clenchers. I always take a smoke with me just about everywhere to be honest and try to mix manly activities. Smoking while hunting, hiking, barn building, chopping wood, golfing or whatever.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have tried golfing with my pipe and it takes some work. If it is real windy I won't smoke for fear of a burnout. I have found cigars and chain smoking Camel Blues to be easier. Luckily I am off the Camel Blues, but 2 a whole while pouding beers was pretty normal.

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
Golf and pipes are two of my three obsessions in life — the other being Giants baseball. I have smoked pipes and cigars and the course, and the latter is certainly easier. My first rule is don't take your favorite pipes out on the course. I have "golf" pipes, those that are more durable and would not cause heartbreak if lost.

I can't swing with pipe clenched. But sometimes, I clench with chipping and putting. It's a good way of keeping one's head still during said shots.

Of course, when I do smoke pipes on the course here in Colorado, a lot of people think something else is in my briars. I assure you I'm only smoking GL Pease or Russ or Seattle Pipe Club, but that's a different discussion all together.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I play golf and smoke a pipe too. It's good to clench a pipe while hitting full shots, as to keep from tension getting onto your swing. Having a pipe also helps with the crowded days on the course when there is lots of waiting in between shots. It's amazing how much more relaxing it is when you're not in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.