Pipes and Cigars spelled Customer First!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
I know it's been said many times before and it's a gonna git said again; Pipes and Cigars understands and damn sure practices the concept of Customer Satisfaction.

I placed an order during the most recent Sam Gawith frenzy for St. James Flake. Surprising how much I enjoy this particular blend.

So imagine the giddiness devolving to "Aw hell" upon opening the parcel UPS left me yesterday and finding Sam's Flake instead of St. James! It was most sad )-:
Sent an e-mail last night, received a reply this morning from one Bob Gates. He couldn't apologize enough.
In my initial e-mail I expressed that I know shtuff happens, how did they want to proceed, did I need an RMA to return the tobacco and so on. Their mistake perhaps but I couldn't see keeping it, only fair to return the tobacco and work out something else right?
Apparently not because I was told to keep the Sam's Flake, the purchase price will be credited back to my CC and I'm now on a personal notification short-list for when they are able to get their hands on more of the St. James!!
I've been happy with previous trade with Pipes and Cigars, I think I've posted as much, but as I replied to Bob this morning, they now have a new "Customer for Life"!
For any who may not have known before, you can darn sure trade with confidence with Pipes and Cigars!

hugh

Lurker
Oct 20, 2011
Nothing but good experiences with Pipes and Cigars for me too. Quick replies, quick shipping, good prices. The only thing they could improve on is posting measurements of chamber sizes.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
You know, I've always found it amazing that internet retailers have better customer service than actual stores. You would think it would be the opposite since in an actual store your face to face with the person who has an issue. But it's been my experience over the last few that that's not always the case. :puffy:

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
I just got my first order in from them a few days ago. I did't expect it to arrive as fast as it did that's for sure. Sounds like I picked a good site sponsor to buy my supplies. Thanks for sharing this, it's great to hear this stuff when your new to smoking and/or the forum.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Yeah I love those guys! And I like all of their house blends that I've tried. Black House ranks as my all-time favorite English.

robert76

Lurker
Sep 10, 2011
I've done business with them many times and will continue to do so. I also had a problem once with a shipment from them and the problem was fixed without issue.

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
They were equally kind when I inquired about Anniversary Kake (funny, was just posting how it was the worst I ever had) -- thinking it might have an allergen or something in it. They offered to take it back and exchange it for something else, but given how nice they were and all I ended up mailing it out to someone here in exchange for some aweful chocolate-dirt-tasting-thing *chuckles* I actually never told that bloke the stuff was so scrumptious then, not wanting to hurt his feelings and all heh heh. At least that one jsut tasted bad though -- I really think there's something seriously wrong with Anniversary Kake, even if I am the only one who can taste it :P.
S'cuse me, got de-railed on memory lane for a bit there:
Yes, they rock out loud, or whatever the equivalent saying may be. Fantastic service, would never order form anyone else so long as they had what I wanted in stock (except maybe smokingpipes.com, who I am fond of for actually helping me pick my first three pipes and four or five tobaccos) As a general rule I get my pipes from smokingpipes when I can afford a nice pipe, and my Golden Dankst ( I feel like that's not how you spell it. . .)while the rest of my tobacco comes from our friends at pipes and cigars.

harkpuff

Lurker
Jan 12, 2012
Yoru,

I'm just now seeing your post two years later and just could not help but respond regarding Annie Kake.

Like you...my initial thoughts about Annie Kake was not good. I thought it was like smoking air. However, I revisited Annie Kake again later after it had aged a few months in a mason jar and WOW did I ever mis-judge the Annie.

I'm learning not to be too quick in judging a pipe blend based on just one or two bowls. Often times one can be cheating themselves out of some great blends by being to hasty with the judgment calls.

Annie Kake is now one of my favorite blends right up there along side Escudo.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have been wanting to do business with Pipes and Cigars for some time, but just never lined up

a particular deal, but just yesterday, after many visits and much deliberation (as is my habit) I

couldn't resist ordering two Stanwell pipes from P&C while Brushed Black and Brushed Brown

Stanwells are on sale. I think only one other time have I ordered two pipes at a time; as mentioned,

I like to go slow and deliberate. I find the site a little quirky -- the gang photos with pipes listed

by numbers below, but I like their tobacco listings with constituent tobaccos in each blend and

the chart rating the mildness or strength of each. The site takes a little getting used to, but some

of the prices on pipes are highly competitive. Also, they have a sale on Cornell & Diehl tobaccos,

both bulk and tinned, right now. If you're not already a customer, check it out. Oh, and with the two

pipes, I have free shipping, which effectively knocks a few bucks off the already discounted price on

the pipes; sweet!

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Great folks, and my go-to internet retailer. I just corresponded with Nico this morning over a tin ruptured in shipping, and he made it right entirely to my satisfaction. I have never had a bad experience with P&C.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Those clustered photos of the pipes will be changing at some point. The site's structure limited us as to how we can display the images. The folks in our IT department are working on a fix so that the picture will be shown to the left of the description. With tens of thousands of pipes in inventory, it will take some time, but we're listening to you.
Russ

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I haven't updated it because I hate having my picture taken, and I don't look much different.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.